LaBine & Associates
- Florence, SC
Our world-class chemical client is searching for a Chemical Process Engineer to provide technical support to achieve operational objectives through the implementation of capital projects, manufacturing improvements, and support of new product introductions. Requires a solid technical background in chemical process equipment including pumps, tanks, dryers, vessels, evaporators, centrifuges, distillation, extraction, and packaging.
- Identify and implement process improvements based on cost, quality, and/or efficiency criteria.
- Monitor process and product data; provide troubleshooting, corrective action and failure avoidance measures as needed.
- Ensure processes and employees are compliant with safety, environmental, and health standards at all times.
- Lead process related investigations of deviations, customer complaints, or other areas of concern. Participate in root cause analysis and provide effective corrective solutions. Create and provide technical reports of investigations and conclusions as needed.
- Manage the implementation of change control in a highly regulated environment; ensure any changes to the process are reviewed and approved to meet safety, quality, and process integrity requirements.
- Support the successful integration and scale-up of new or revised processes into the production environment.
- Collaborate with project engineering on expansion, capital, or improvement projects as needed.
- Provides training and technical coaching to new colleagues and operations staff within the area of process expertise.
- Design proper process protocols and document SOPs for implementation of new processes and/or improvements.
- Support routine Quality talks/briefings with staff to raise Quality awareness (for those with direct reports).
- BS Chemical Engineering degree with 3+ years Process / Project experience in chemicals, refining, API, or nutriceuticals.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt preferred
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD software.
- Good communication, technical writing, interpersonal, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Friday, August 30, 2019