Principal Performance Engineer, Software Systems
LaBine & Associates
- Sunnyvale, CA
Seeking candidates with extensive experience in embedded software on Linux or Android.
The Principal Performance Engineer that will lead performance and be responsible for analysis, design and software development to reach required Performance targets. Candidate must be able to demonstrate extraordinary skills in attention to system Performance development: understanding complex software systems, perform performance or power-driven design, propose and develop performance and power features, technical leading of investigation and fixing bottlenecks. Seeking strong communication skills and the ability to work in an environment with interdisciplinary teams.
Experience in the domains below are a must:
- Experience in establishing performance processes: from product KPIs to design, coding, testing, validation
- Experience in hardware analysis and its impact to KPIs
- Experience in performance-oriented system architecture design
- Graphics problems analysis, preferable on Vulkan or OpenGL/OpenES
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems for latency, system interconnect, throughput and bandwidth problems
- CPU/GPU/RAM/Storage profiling and analysis.
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++, Linux software development environment; experience in Linux Inter-process Communication (IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Skills in using Linux/Android OSS performance tools, ability to select tools based on the problem
- Strong understanding of how MM works in Linux
- Excellent communication, training, and documentation skills
- Experience in below areas are a plus:
- Development experience for Linux kernel, and device drivers
- Memory profiling and analysis using Valgrind, smem; of memory layout (heap, stack, bss/data, text), localization of corruption for heap and stack allocations
- Resources and power management for embedded system
- ELF format organization, ARM EABI, stack organization and how to use it in practice will be a great plus
- Performance tools development
Education: Doctorate or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
Monday, January 27, 2020