Software Product Manager (Santa Barbara, CA)
LaBine & Associates
- Santa Barbara, CA
Our medical device client is hiring a software product manager at their Santa Barbara, CA location.
This Product Manager plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
Develops new products in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering and Sales Management personnel.
Manages day to day progress of product
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to product line
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs market analysis, product strategy and research and development.
- Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors. Establish and maintain relationships with key surgeons.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Manages the development stage of the product life cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
Education and Experience:
Thursday, September 12, 2019