Transaction manager (Capital markets)
LaBine & Associates
- Thousand Oaks, CA
Our client / partner is responsible for the pricing, hedging, trading and selling of the company’s whole loan and mortgage servicing rights portfolios. We are helping them hire a Transaction Manager to join their Capital Markets group. This person will be highly motivated, organized, and entrepreneurial. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Negotiate non-disclosure agreements, trade confirmations and purchase and sale agreements related to whole loan sales and mortgage servicing rights sales transactions.
- Responsible for primary relationship management with investors; establish timelines for due diligence review and settlement deliverables.
- Act as liaison between investors and internal business stakeholders such as traders, legal counsel, quality control, accounting, treasury and servicing departments.
- Monitor due diligence process to ensure adequate and timely resolution of investors’ conditions and exceptions.
- Coordinate the execution of bailee letters and the shipment of collateral files to the investors’ custodians.
- Tie-out final funding population with investors and facilitate the settlement process including the repricing of the trade, execution of closing documentation, reviewing the funding schedule for accuracy, compiling mortgage loan schedule data, and communicating settlement funds to warehouse lenders and to the treasury department.
- Coordinate servicing transfer process between the investors and the servicing department.
- Minimum 5 years in the residential mortgage industry with experience in Capital Markets transaction management, contract finance and due diligence.
- Extensive understanding of origination processes, underwriting guidelines and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal/external stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel with ability to create ad hoc reports and analyses using functions such as nested formulas, lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and perform in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field
What will really catch our eye:
- Experience in writing SQL queries is preferred.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating legal contracts
- JD degree
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly ambitious; driven to succeed
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
Tuesday, February 11, 2020