LaBine & Associates
- Boston, MA
Our Client, an elite provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join a growing team.
This Linux Admin will lead our Client’s infrastructure expansion/enhancement projects of varying size and scope Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based operating systems/applications rapidly and at a very large scale.
Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges
- Experience managing Linux machines running on AWS (EC2, S3, etc) If no AWS experience, will train.
- Solid configuration management skills (required); Puppet preferred but Ansible/Chef/Salt/CFEngine acceptable
- 4+ years of experience with Linux administration in large (100’s-1000’s) server environments
- Experience with IPTables or similar technology
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Experience supporting DNS, Apache/NGINX, load balancers (HAProxy, F5, etc)
- Solid virtualization experience (KVM, Xen, VMware)
Experience with ZFS, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Openstack; a plus
- You excel under pressure in an energized environment
- You write good documentation for other team members to learn from
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- You love learning new skills and are an excellent teammate
- You have excellent time management skills and are willing to take on tasks outside of your normal duties
- Willing to occasionally work off-hours support as needed including on-call rotation
- You have worked with source code control (Gitlab, Github, git, etc.)
Tuesday, July 9, 2019