This position works in a collaborative team environment developing innovative solutions for cutting edge ophthalmic surgical equipment. The position conducts research and development for new medical device products, investigates and evaluates existing technology, and designs new circuitry and products as needed for medical device development.
• Responsible for the design and development of electronic systems and products at the PCBA and programmable logic level, including microprocessor/microcontroller-based designs, digital circuitry, analog circuitry, signal integrity analysis, switching power supplies, signal conditioning, and industry-standard communications interfaces.
• Develops requirements, performance verification and validation, production transfer and related documentation.
• Works with cross-functional teams including ME, SW, QA, Manufacturing and Field Service.
• Responsible for design aspects leading to successful certification of products to EMC/EMI, Safety, and other standards.
• Applies intermediate level principles of engineering analysis to blend technical knowledge and manufacturing practices in providing solutions to complex engineering challenges.
• Application of knowledge of electronic design and manufacturing methods for medical devices.
• Develop test methods and complete testing through the entire life cycle of the product.
• May lead design reviews and review action items.
• Provides technical leadership to more junior team members.
• Ensures regulatory/statutory/ legislative compliance for all project work.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (HS+10 yrs; Assc+6 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 2+ years of Relevant work experience
• Ability to take responsibility for multiple concurrent design activities
• Fundamental, theoretical and applied knowledge related to general electronic engineering.
• Proven ability to develop solutions for problems that require the regular use of creativity.
• Knowledge of ISO, FDA, MDD, and regulations applicable to the design and development of medical device/science/technology.
• Excellent process management, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
• While not required, Candidates with the following experience and education are given preference: LabView, HDL (Verilog or VHDL), FMEA/Fault Tree analysis, OrCAD schematic capture, Allegro PCBA layout, Programming (C, C++), wireless communication. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
8 years as Senior Engineer