LaBine & Associates
- Santa Barbara, CA
Based in Santa Barbara, CA, and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all accounting activities. The Controller will be involved in supporting presentations to the Board and will work closely with the senior leadership team. The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and will have functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit and payroll.
- Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory, federal, state and local and tax requirements. Ensure appropriate level of compliance by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on neededactions.
- Help leadership in its risk assessment process by formalizing key businessprocessesandestablishing,monitoring,andenforcinginternalcontrols and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assistleadershipinfinancialdecisionsbyestablishing,monitoring, and enforcing policies andprocedures.
- Coordinate all auditactivity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements;monitorprogressandchangesandkeepseniorleadershipabreastof FastSpring’s financialstatus.
- Assist the CFO and head of FP&A in the annual budgeting and planning process; administerandreviewallfinancialplans andcomparetoactualresultswithaview to identify, explain, and correct variances asappropriate.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policiesand investmentguidelines.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personalnetworks; participating in professionalsocieties.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members help to clarify roles and responsibilitiesanddevelopandimplementtrainingprogramsinordertomaximize and reach optimal individual and organizationalgoals
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications and informationflow with other functional teams at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive workenvironment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to FastSpring’s core values; a proactive, hands-on strategicthinker
- Minimum of a BA and CPA; MBA aplus
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities with outsideauditor
- Managing reporting, analysis and budget development in conjunction withthe Head ofFP&A
- Managingaccountspayableandreceivable,generalledger,payroll,andideally accounting for high volume transactions in multiplecurrencies
- Technologysavvywithexperienceselectingandoverseeingsoftwareinstallations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reportingsoftware
- Commitmenttorecruiting,mentoring,training,andretainingadiverseteam;the foresight and ability to delegateaccordingly
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows forstrategic data interpretation versus simplereporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicatingkeydata,includingpresentationstoseniormanagement,boardor other outside partners
- Abilityanddesiretotranslatecomplexfinancialconceptstoindividualsatalllevels including finance and non-financemanagers
Saturday, February 9, 2019