HR Generalist (Santa Barbara, CA)
LaBine & Associates
- Santa Barbara, CA
Full-time HR Generalist opportunity in Santa Barbara! Works with leadership, employees and candidates for employment on a variety of HR-related topics including Employee Relations, Recruiting, and Onboarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with corporate Human Resources to initiate the development, implementation, and auditing of policies and procedures as needed.
- Conducts phone interviews, schedules candidate onsite interviews and assists with the coordination of related travel arrangements.
- Recruits for assigned hourly positions. Provides back-up recruiting support for exempt level roles.
- Develops relationships with hiring managers for hourly roles to determine appropriate job posting requirements and desired experience.
- Identifies, develops and maintains productive relationships with key candidate sources (as necessary) including on-line searches, external job postings, ads, educational institutions, professional associations and publications, employment agencies and search firms, networks, publications, media professionals, and professional and diversity organizations.
- Ensures that all hiring activities follow legal and Company standards.
- Manages pre/post-employment checks including: the coordination of drug screen paperwork, background checks, reference checks in a timely manner.
- Manages the intern recruiting process including participation in career fairs, coordination of outside recruitment/temp agencies and to initiate internship programs as needed.
- Responsible for the onboarding and orientation of new employees
- Ensure fair and consistent application of company policies, practices and procedures that create and maintain a positive employee relations environment and help create the desired culture
- Provides guidance and support to Managers and employees related to company policies/practices, legal considerations, etc.
- Facilitates resolution of employee relations issues.
- Conducts investigations into complaints of discrimination or harassment.
- Supports the Performance Management process for hourly employees by reviewing and approving performance evaluations and assisting managers with drafting and delivering Performance Corrective Notices (PCNs).
- Rollout and drive corporate programs (i.e. Team building, Community Service efforts, etc.).
- Stays current with CA state and federal employment laws and their application to CA operations
- Leads Employee Engagement committee in the planning and coordination of company events including monthly birthday celebrations, annual holiday party, softball and golf tournament, etc.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Business, Management or Human Resources.
- PHR / SPHR or SHRM - CP /SCP Certification preferred.
- Three years Human Resources generalist experience required; Medical Device environment preferred.
- Ability and willingness to be a part of the plant floor connecting with the workforce and delivering strategic and tactical HR value.
- A minimum of two years of recruiting experience required.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations in the areas of wage and hour laws, employment law, and workers’ compensation, specific to California.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and drive change in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to initiate and provide workforce metrics.
- Ability to investigate and bring closure to complex HR issues.
- Strong business technical writing skills and excellent communication/people skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Experience with SAP success factors a plus.
Monday, June 22, 2020