Front End Developer (remote)
LaBine & Associates
- Oakland, CA
Our client is an intrinsically motivated team that works without ego, is constantly learning, and solves real problems for the cannabis industry. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will work closely with our product team and with our customers to shape and deliver new features in all areas of the product. You will take ownership over key features that will have our customers writing you a personal “thank you” email like this one:
"I can’t praise this company enough, it’s head and shoulders above any platform I’ve encountered to date. Thank you for your persistence and for providing us with the right tools."
This is a full-time remote engineering role, but we are based in Oakland if you want to spend some time in person with some of the team.
- Shape, deliver and iterate on user-facing features together with the rest of the product team.
- Improve frontend engineering standards, tooling, and processes to support a growing team.
- Implement systems for comprehensive automated frontend testing.
- Work primarily in the frontend React app, interfacing with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Collaborate with backend engineers to model and define the GraphQL schema.
- Debug production issues and performance problems across the entire stack.
- Identify and fix security concerns.
Features you might work on
- Improve our order fulfillment workflow that manages the entire distribution process from sale to the final delivery. This could include a mobile experience with barcode scanning and dashboard views of where orders are at in the process.
- Establish the mobile experience for delivery drivers to help distributors manage dispatch more efficiently and track deliveries in real-time.
- Design CRM interfaces including a pipeline view, granular sales reporting, Gmail integrations, and sales rep tracking.
- Develop a robust data model for historical inventory tracking and valuation.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Significant full-time experience with at least one modern front-end framework such as React, Angular, Vue, or Ember.
- A passion for user experience, performance, and accessibility.
- Experience writing high-quality code with effective test coverage. We work in React (Redux and Apollo/GraphQL), but frameworks can be learned; we care much more about general engineering skills than knowledge of any particular framework.
- Significant knowledge of frontend engineering best practices.
- Strong written communication skills.
- An ability to think through customer requirements, and to collaborate with design and product to come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve problems.
- Worked remotely, ideally on a distributed team is a plus. We emphasize thoughtful asynchronous communication and deep work over frequent interruptions.
- Experience developing a complex SaaS product, especially B2B.
Thursday, March 19, 2020