Vice President of Internal Audit (Thousand Oaks, CA)
LaBine & Associates
- Thousand Oaks, CA
Mortgage company looking for an experienced IT Internal Auditor to join the Internal Audit department and perform IT-related audits focused on strategic, operational and regulatory / compliance-related risks, in accordance with the annual risk-based audit plan. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated and driven individual to join a team aimed at enhancing and protecting the Company’s value through risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The right candidate will have the necessary internal audit experience, technical knowledge, and leadership qualities to continuously help in the management of risks, add value and improve operations organizationally in a growing and changing environment.
What you will do:
- Adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditor’s (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), core principles, mandatory standards and code of ethics.
- Assist in the performance of the annual enterprise risk assessment to develop the annual audit plan, including linking values, strategies, and objectives of the Company to key audit and technology risks.
- Conduct planning activities (i.e. walkthroughs, work program) related to IT engagements with a focus on the assessment of technology, processes, risks and controls.
- Conduct day-to-day audit execution activities (i.e. test procedures) related to IT engagements in accordance with the defined objectives, scope and measurement criteria.
- Write clear, concise and effective IT engagement deliverables (i.e. reports, memos) based on factual conditions, appropriate analyses and evaluations, including meaningful and practical recommendations.
- Produce and present effective and efficient communications (i.e. agendas, request lists, status updates, observations, presentations, lead meetings, etc.) to audit stakeholders, the Internal Audit team and Executive Leadership throughout the audit process.
- Perform continuous monitoring or follow-up on significant IT risk findings to evaluate Management’s assertion of completeness and the adequacy of corrective actions/risk remediation performed.
- Assist the Internal Audit team on non-IT related engagements, data analysis, and audit automation opportunities (when applicable).
- Manage the expectations of a broad and complex mix of audit stakeholders, including line of business employees, technical, operational and regulatory management experts, Executive leadership, the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, etc.
- Develop, build and maintain quality relationships with all audit stakeholders.
- Partner with our external service provider, external auditors, external agencies, etc.
- Research trends and emerging issues that could impact the Company in areas such as IT strategy, data governance, IT operations, cybersecurity, business continuity management, disaster recovery, network and infrastructure security, cloud risk management, third party risk management, change management, security administration, programs and projects, automation, GITCs and application controls, regulatory/compliance requirements, etc.
- Contribute to the IT audit knowledge base and planned/ad-hoc departmental development initiatives.
- Foster the collaborative team environment adopted by the Department.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems Auditing, or Accounting.
- Minimum 10+ years of internal audit experience, with an emphasis on IT auditing.
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA and/or CPA license/certification.
- Proficiency in the IIA’s IPPF, principles, standards, and code of ethics.
- Proficiency in governance, risk and control frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, NIST, FFIEC, CIS, ITIL, etc.
- Experience with IT Risk Management and the three lines of defense model.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, written and verbal communication, organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the Company.
- Travel expectations: up to 10%.
What will really catch our eye:
- Professional service firm experience in internal audit, risk management and compliance.
- Experience in the financial services industry and knowledge of related functions and processes, specifically mortgage banking.
- Experience utilizing computer assisted audit techniques (i.e. data analytics) and tools (i.e. AuditBoard, Workiva, IDEA, ACL/Galvanize, etc.).
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Ability to consistently perform in conformance with audit quality standards, deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking in all facets of the audit process (i.e. risk identification, work program development, Management recommendations, etc.).
- Ability to summarize technical and/or complex results and effectively communicate at all levels within the Company to ensure a sufficient understanding is obtained.
- Ability to navigate uncomfortable, difficult and/or challenging scenarios with a positive attitude and constant professionalism.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020