Senior Applications Engineer (San Francisco)
LaBine & Associates
- San Francisco, CA
Our insurance client is hiring a Senior Applications Engineer to design, estimate, document and deliver technology solutions while effectively working across team boundaries.
This role will build prototypes and convince businesses and senior IT staff of the benefits of new technologies and solutions.
Additional responsibilities include......
- Demonstrate ability to identify, define, create, and apply new architectural design patterns and standards to extremely complex problems.
- Engage and complete work assignments which are often self-initiated
- Lead architecture and design of high impact projects that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Performs business and technical requirements analysis and review.
- Produces technical design documents and software requirement specifications that are consistent with the architectural constraints and software development processes and standards.
- Proactively learns about and evaluates emerging technologies (reviewing technical journals, team sharing, mentors, vendors, peer groups, special training)
- Must be able to perform under tight time frames and execute problem solving skills Understands and leverages best practices of technical/insurance industry
- Develops appropriate metrics to measure total system performance
- Applies an understanding of the key vulnerabilities related to data transfer between intern/external system to maximize data security and integrity
- 7+ years of object-oriented development
- 7+ years XML, XSL, Schema
- 7+ years website development
- 7+ years web service development Solid understanding and application of web services, SOAs, AJAX
- Solid design and build experience of reference implementations of components and interfaces with new technologies
- Solid experience in designing for critical areas of security, performance, capacity and maintainability
- Excellent design experience, including use of industry design patterns and best practices
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner undaunted by complex systems.
- Thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Solid experience with data modeling tools and concepts
- Familiarity with non-Microsoft technologies (J2EE, UNIX/Linux, etc.) a plus
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS Computer Science) is required and a graduate degree is preferred.
- Equivalent experience can be substituted for the degree requirement’s/MCSE preferred
Tuesday, February 12, 2019