Backend Engineer with cryptocurrency company in San Francisco
LaBine & Associates
- San Francisco, CA
Our client is developing a platform for cryptocurrency investment.
Their business is asset-agnostic and is built on the following 3 assumptions:
- Blockchain and cryptoassets are here to stay.
- Safe and secure custody of the underlying private keys will only increase in importance.
- Institutional investment will bring additional legitimacy and trust to the cryptocurrency asset class and ultimately create a virtuous cycle of growth and stability for our business.
- Build secure, resilient, and global infrastructure from the ground up!
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, and GraphQL.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering Methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, container orchestration, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
- You have real world experience building complex distributed systems.
- You enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You've seen and were emotionally moved by the musical Hamilton (the founder of our nation's financial system :).
Wednesday, February 6, 2019