Engineering Manager for start up in San Francisco
LaBine & Associates
- San Francisco, CA
We are hiring a hands on manager for our start up client in San Francisco.
- Hire and develop teams of talented engineers while strengthening engineering brand.
- Own multiple cross-team engineering initiatives and work on a variety of projects in an agile environment.
- Through direct partnership with our VP of Engineering and VP of Product, set the direction for your teams and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges through thoughtful long-term planning.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop a growth strategy for the engineering organization.
- Come from or experience recently at Top 30 consumer startups, or good startups and a top 20 education
- Come from companies where software is the core product, not a part of the larger service.
- Ideally have worked for companies which are well known for their engineering culture and the managers that defined it.
- Consumer facing Engineering/Product Experience
- Experience managing applied Machine Learning/Deep Learning engineers or efforts in this space.
- Need a developed engineering management philosophy. Should transcend people's trust, accountability, utility, and happiness.
- 3+ years managing multiple Engineering teams. Ideally at least managed 2 different teams or at two or more different companies
- Must be comfortable writing Java day one (NO j2EE engineers though)
- True commitment to engineering management as a career path
- Experience with putting team structure and processes in place for larger ~100 person startups
Tuesday, October 23, 2018