Plant process / project Engineer (Fremont, CA)
LaBine & Associates
- Fremont, CA
Interested in working for an Industry Leader? Our client is a green energy company that is committed to alternative solutions and sustainable development to protect the environment. The company currently has excellent opportunities for manufacturing growth and development. Nice location near the San Francisco Bay, San Jose and the rolling hills of the Silicon Valley. Seeking a Plant Engineer (Process/ Project) to support one of their key processing plants. Competitive salary and full range of benefits including medical and retirement plans.
- Evaluate technical and operable feasibility project components including industrial vessels, rotating equipment, control systems, tankage, piping, heat exchangers and related process infrastructure.
- Evaluate equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure environmental, health, safety compliance throughout project development and future operations.
- Work with operations and maintenance groups to optimize production and mechanical integrity.
- Participation in shutdown planning and analysis for improvements in shutdown efficiency and cost reduction and coordination with production requirements.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment problems involving rotating equipment, vacuum systems, fire heaters/exchangers, tankage, instrumentation, waste water treatment, etc.
- Work with management to develop capital improvement projects including budgeting, justification, management, and reporting.
- Develop and manage elements of the facilities Process Safety Management program including coordinating HAZOPs, mechanical integrity, management of change, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering (highly preferred). May consider Mechanical Engineer with relevant experience.
- Minimum 4+ years related work experience required, 6-10 years preferred, in the chemical, petrochemical or refining industry ideal. Open to others (ethanol, nuclear etc.)
- Background in equipment troubleshooting. Relevant experience and unit operations include: continuous processes, distillation, fractionation, hydrotreating, stripping and thin film evaporation.
- Well developed process engineering, analytical and problem solving skills including a track record of process optimization.
- Capital project implementation and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously including the FEED.
- Must be comfortable working out in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of requirements for PSM under OSHA regulations.
- Should have a desire for a future leadership roles.
Thursday, January 23, 2020