FPGA Design Engineer
LaBine & Associates
- Santa Clara, CA
We are seeking an FPGA Design Engineer for our client’s SOC team in their Santa Clara, CA location.
Qualified candidates will have several years of FPGA design, prototyping SOC on FPGA platforms, and debugging experience. Local candidates are greatly preferred. Experience in a small environment and/or design services company preferred. International experience a plus.
Responsibilities | Develop FPGA designs and subsystems (involving ASICs), from concept to production including:
- Completing implementation in RTL, RTL/netlist verification, and evaluating Xilinx Vivado synthesis and P&R results for performance and cost
- Ensuring robust and complete timing constraints and evaluating STA results.
- Balancing performance, area, power, complexity, and timing
- Determining and executing development, integration, bring-up, and test plans.
- Working closely with firmware and verification teams during specification, development, Integration, and Verification phases and deliver working FPGA platforms
- Interfacing to third-party IP
- Client interface
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of Rich FPGA design experience.
- 5+ years of RTL Development using Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL
- MIPI, camera, or video experience
- HAPS greatly preferred
- client interface experience
- Xilinx experience is REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience working on FPGA Design projects, including work with SOC (ARM/RISC-V CPU based), MIPI, XAUI, USB, Flash, SDIO, PCI-E, and DDR# Interfaces.
- Familiarity with Synopsys (HAPS, Proto-compiler) and Xilinx tools/IPs for FPGA Design and implementation.
- Rich FPGA design experience is required
- Experience prototyping SOCs on FPGA platforms is required
- Strong coding, debugging skills on both UVM and FPGA Platforms
- Hands-on experience with Debuggers like Lauterbach, J-Link, ARM-DS, Testers & Scope.
- Proven expertise in one or more of the following domains: CoreSight, SoC-400, SoC-600, OCP, AXI, ACE, AHB, and APB
- Familiarity with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Subversion)
- Experience with Perl, Tcl, Python, Unix scripting.
- Teamwork, dedication, strong communications, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, driven and motivated to work under strict timelines with a “can do” attitude
- HAPS (High-performance ASIC Packaging Systems) /ASIC/SOC experience is highly desired
- MIPI, camera or video experience desired
- Some leadership experience and customer interface experience is also desired.
- Experience with MIPI, PCIe, AXI/AHB, UVM, USB 3.1, LPDDR4 Interface is a plus.
- Experience with S2C or HAPS platform is a plus.
- Good knowledge of embedded camera systems and CMOS imaging sensor devices.
- Familiarity with MIPI – C /D PHY & have Prior experience with Image Sensors & be able to Tune & bring up different types of Sensors.
* this is a fulltime role, with bonus, 401K match, and other great benefits!!
Thursday, May 28, 2020