FPGA Design Engineer
LaBine & Associates
- Santa Clara, CA
We are seeking an FPGA Design Engineer for our client’s SoC team in Santa Clara, CA.
Qualified candidates will have several years of FPGA design experience.
- Rich FPGA design experience is required.
- MIPI/camera/video experience required.
- Xilinx is a requirement.
- HAPS/ASIC/SOC experience is highly desired.
- Some leadership experience and customer interface experience is also desired.
Responsibilities | Develop FPGA designs and subsystems (involving ASICs), from concept to product including:
- Completing implementation in RTL, RTL/netlist verification and evaluating Xilinx Vivado synthesis and P&R results for performance and cost
- Ensuring robust and complete timing constraints and evaluating STA results.
- Balancing performance, area, power, complexity, and timing
- Determining and executing development, integration, bring-up, and test plans.
- Working closely with firmware and verification teams during specification, development, Integration and Verification phases and deliver working FPGA platforms
- Interfacing to third-party IP
- Ability to interface with customer (strong communication skills required)
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of Rich FPGA design experience.
- 5+ years of RTL Development using Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL
- MIPI, camera or video experience
- Xilinx experience
- Demonstrated experience working on FPGA Design projects, including work with SOC (ARM/RISC-V CPU based), MIPI, XAUI, USB, Flash, SDIO, PCI-E, and DDR# Interfaces.
- Familiarity with Synopsys (HAPS, Proto-compiler) and Xilinx tools/IPs for FPGA Design and implementation.
- Strong coding, debugging skills on both UVM and FPGA Platforms
- Hands-on experience with Debuggers like Lauterbach, J-Link, ARM-DS, Testers & Scope.
- Proven expertise in one or more of the following domains: CoreSight, SoC-400, SoC-600, OCP, AXI, ACE, AHB and APB
- Familiarity with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Subversion)
- Experience with Perl, Tcl, Python, Unix scripting.
- Teamwork, dedication, strong communications, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, driven and motivated to work under strict timelines with a “can do” attitude
- Experience with MIPI, PCIe, USB 3.1, LPDDR4 Interface is a plus.
- Experience with S2C or HAPS platform is a plus.
- Good knowledge of embedded camera systems and CMOS imaging sensor devices.
- Familiarity with MIPI – C /D PHY & have Prior experience with Image Sensors & be able to Tune & bring up different types of Sensors.
Thursday, May 28, 2020