Labor one Staffing is now hiring for the following positions:
Job Duties and Tasks for: Masons and Mason Helpers
Work is in and around the Panama City, FL area.
1) Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
2) Calculate angles and courses and determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses.
3) Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
4) Break or cut bricks, tiles, or blocks to size, using trowel edge, hammer, or power saw.
5) Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
6) Interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specifications and to calculate the materials required.
7) Apply and smooth mortar or other mixture over work surface.
8) Mix specified amounts of sand, clay, dirt, or mortar powder with water to form refractory mixtures.
9) Examine brickwork or structure to determine need for repair.
10) Clean working surface to remove scale, dust, soot, or chips of brick and mortar, using broom, wire brush, or scraper.
11) Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.
12) Remove burned or damaged brick or mortar, using sledgehammer, crowbar, chipping gun, or chisel.
13) Spray or spread refractory material over brickwork to protect against deterioration.
14) Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, then filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.