QA Automation Developer
- Columbus, OH
Leading EDJE helps our partners solve their most complex business challenges by building them the highest quality custom software….and we do it better than anyone else! Since 2007, we have created a unique culture which promotes high positive energy with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our firm is made of exceptionally talented professionals who deliver exceptional results, and our clients are made from a wide array of industries but have a common goal of choosing a partner who provides distinct, creative solutions.
We choose to work and live deliberately via our uncompromising core values, of Put Team First, Is Dedicated to Growth, Does the Right Thing…Not the Right Now Thing, Approaches Problem Solving Passionately and Communicates Effectively. It is an absolute must that our Solutions Strategist shares these values and embraces them both professionally and personally.
The ideal QA Analyst is a creative thinker, who thrives on innovation and thinks outside the box. Understanding how to approach complex issues is critical when delivering a solution on time and under budget. In today’s complex business environment, the need to provide real-time information and to be able to tie different technologies into a seamless solution is imperative.
We leverage Agile and Lean techniques, such as acceptance test-driven development, continuous integration, and story-based iterative development. As a QA Analyst, you will be involved in all phases of software development, from requirements definition to production releases. We work in an environment that encourages individual initiative, leadership at all levels, and team-based continuous improvement.
- Work closely with product management, business analysts, and developers to understand features and create a robust, comprehensive test strategy to verify functionality
- Create test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts mapped to business requirements, workflow, and system design documents to ensure proper coverage
- Perform test execution on complex systems, requiring deep understanding of both business objectives and technical architecture
- Report and track defects until resolution
- Assist application developers and technical support staff in defect root cause analysis and resolutions
- Develop automated tests in partnership with application development for continuous regression testing
- Maintain the regression test bed to meet changing requirements
- Escalate testing bottlenecks that may impact project timeline
- Participate in the off-hour production releases as needed
- Contribute to the development of QA process and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of quickly taking ownership of features, applications, and systems
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills writing automated test scripts with
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and perform software testing for complex systems within general guidelines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and drive results with a sense of urgency to meet aggressive project timelines
- Experience with ATDD in an Agile/Lean development environment desired
- Experience in creating and maintaining automated tests and testing suites
- Technical development experience with Cucumber, Ruby, and similar scripting tools highly preferred.
WHAT SETS LEADING EDJE APART FROM OTHER CONSULTING COMPANIES?
- Founded in 2007, Leading EDJE is a stable organization
- Focused on organic growth, providing quality over quantity
- A family-friendly culture focused on team members’ personal and professional growth
- Opportunity for advancement
- Well respected within the technical community for providing superior services
- Team of A players who respect and trust another
The team says:
- Fun, inspiring and engaging work environment
- Extremely talented employees
- Passion to do the right thing for our clients, our team, and our image
- Effective communication at all levels/positions
- Leading EDJE is truly a company that practices what it preaches
- Leadership team openly accepts the feedback and tries to come up with a solution that will work for most people
- Professional growth is encouraged and enforced on an individual level
- Supportive, trusting, and open relationships
- Commitment to team
Tuesday, July 3, 2018