Vice President, Portfolio Management Support
Leap Staffing Agency
- New York, NY, United States
Are you excited to join a dynamic company that rewards accomplishments, appreciates hard work, and fosters career advancement? If so, then join our superstar team that promotes collaboration, teamwork, and creativity. An opportunity arises to join the Portfolio Operations team , a team of 32 which primarily provides financial, operational and administrative support for the Real Estate, Renewable Power, Infrastructure Debt Infrastructure Solutions and Global Energy & Power businesses within the company. This position will provide support to the Renewable Power team. The role will report to the Director, Portfolio Operations, Renewable Power but will work independently to support the investment and operations teams as necessary. The role is New York, USA based.
- Provision of assistance to the transaction teams as appropriate, including the coordination of the operational elements of investment activities.
- Integration of newly acquired portfolio assets into the company.
- Liaise with third party administration, operational and maintenance providers to ensure a proper balance between internal control and operational efficiency at operating project level and to ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive reporting of asset performance by each asset on a monthly basis.
- Review and assessment, in conjunction with the technical operations team, of monthly operational and financial reports. Identification and resolution of performance issues.
- Review, implementation and monitoring of annual budgets for all portfolio assets.
- Evaluating, in conjunction with professional advisors, and subsequently executing on the capital structures necessary to ensure tax efficient returns to Investors.
- Ensure full and timely compliance with regulatory, project and client reporting requirements.
- Portfolio and project cash management and distributions.
- Effective communication of asset performance to Senior Management, Investors and the broader group.
- Liaison with fund accounting team on accounting, fund valuation and reporting issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes;
- Qualified Accountant, (ideally CPA with big 4 background) with 5 years post qualification experience.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in in finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferredin finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferredfinance, economics, accounting, business management is preferred
- Professionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessional with a strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk environment, operations and compliance in the Asset Management industry
- Experience within a group finance or reporting role.
- Confidence and experience to act independently.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on, in construction and operational infrastructure and energy assets is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Strong technical accounting skills, including detailed knowledge and experience in US GAAP
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent Excel and financial analytical skills
- Ability to interpret financial models and large volumes of contractual data.
- Experience in managing staff or external service providers an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply commercial judgment.
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated & healthy skepticism
- Good time management.
- Willing to travel.
- Grow with a small and evolving team and work in a friendly, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experienced senior team with strong values, providing excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Significant exposure to worldwide, prestige projects in a fast-growing sector.
- Broad and varied exposure to all aspects of the team’s activities, encompassing asset selection, deal execution, asset integration, operational monitoring and reporting, valuation and Investor reporting.
- Opportunity to provide input into future growth and operational efficiency of the platform.
- Strong brand in the Infrastructure and fund management industry.
Saturday, January 11, 2020