Quality Tech II
Leap Staffing Agency
- Oxford, NC
Minimum 1 year quality-related experience Ability to work 12 hour night shift (7:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) Required to work overtime on days off
Ensuring consumer safety through product reliability is our top priority. To assist in fulfilling this mission, we're searching for a quality control inspector who will help in screening all aspects of our production and manufacturing process. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to attend conferences and seminars related to our industry's safety and productivity standards, as well as visit other providers in order to learn best practices. You will work closely with both the managers on our production floors and our planning team in creating and implementing process improvements. Your job may even include working as a consultant to other companies who come to us seeking guidance on improving their own processes.
Job Skills & QualificationsQualifications
- Educate yourself on all of the federal and state regulatory compliance requirements as well as OSHA safety standards relating to our industry through attendance at national and regional conferences, online training classes and personal research.
- Conduct routine inspections at all of our manufacturing outlets, focusing specifically on safety standards, operational guidelines, our own stated productivity goals, and the current state of all of our production equipment.
- Analyze all of the data collected from inspections to identify best practices, areas in need of improvement and potential regulatory compliance violations.
- Prepare reports detailing your findings, offering recognition and recommendations where they are needed, to be shared with both our executive team and the managers of our manufacturing outlets.
- Make yourself available to help implement the changes and upgrades recommended based upon your findings and to train production staff in industry best practices when needed.
- Stay updated on all of the latest production trends and best practices within our industry through researching publications and reaching out to contemporary companies.
- Report all potential violations to executive team when necessary, and assist in the preparation of the documentation detailing such incidents to the proper regulatory agency. Serve as our representative in compliance hearings as needed.
- Support plant strategic intentions that impact the local facility within the area of responsibility for the position.
- Ensure line driven safety goals and objectives are achieved, as defined by division safety deployment letter.
- Manage allocated resources to meet the plant objectives throughout the facility, while maintaining alignment with corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Standard Based Improvement activities deliverables.
- Work interdependently with other departments to ensure internal and external customer process deliverables/expectations are met or exceeded.
- Impact cost, quality and customer satisfaction through recommendations, project leadership and initiative efforts. Projects/initiatives will be larger in nature, have increased complexity, be broader in scope an have more impact on the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain process standards and guidelines for plant expectations of key process KPI’s.
- Identify, isolate and resolve plant/process issues within the quality management system, utilizing analytical and problem solving skills.
- Facilitate meetings, coordinate process and project activities, collaborate and influence others, and possess the necessary patience and diligence to overcome resistance to change.
- Provide quality assurance testing and technical support for product manufacturing, process modifications and quality improvement efforts.
- Maintain compliance of local and corporate policies that define standards and guidelines for the facility.
- Collaborates with teammates to ensure alignment to strategic intentions to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Working conditions may include being exposed to loud noise, chemicals, ambient temperature and moving machinery when on production floor. May sit at a computer or stand for a prolonged period of time; operate mobile equipment.
- Requires an associate's degree in a technical field
- A minimum of 1 year experience with exposure to Quality is preferred
- Computer skills, with basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access is required.
Requires frequent standing, occasional pushing and pulling and lifting 75+ lbs.
The following are preferred:
- Professional certification such as CQE or CQA
- One to two years in a team environment
- Knowledge of auditing, statistical analysis and project management
- Applied Basic Rubber Technology
- Working in a manufacturing environment
Saturday, October 5, 2019