Director of Operations
Leap Staffing Agency
- Saint Pauls, NC, United States
Our operations manager position will allow you to take the next step in your managerial progression. You will be responsible for coordinating the comprehensive efforts of our regional offices. You'll be looked to for guidance from local managers and supervisors in developing attainable action plans to help achieve corporate objectives, as well as contribute your expertise in the areas of budget management, resource allocation, and recruitment and hiring. You will also be relied upon to build relationships with key strategic partners and to cultivate a brand awareness that's well-respected in both the industry and community. As yours will be a vital role in the overall success of our organization, you will also have the opportunity to work closely with members of our executive board in monitoring your region's performance.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our regional offices through constant communication with office managers as well as in-person evaluations.
- Meet regularly with designated regional representatives over workflow, accounting, supply management and human resources in order to hear an accounting of their progress and compare performance to corporate expectations.
- Prepare and present annual and quarterly reports detailing your region's operational performance to our executive board as well as sharing overall corporate performance details with your region's leadership.
- Work with regional managers and supervisors to develop and enact initiatives aimed at achieving continuous improvement.
- Serve as organizational representative to both business and community partners to help coordinate joint efforts aimed at boosting collective performance and building upon our solid reputation with local communities.
- Travel to regional offices when needed to shadow managers and their subordinates in order to develop an accurate idea of their performance capabilities and the challenges that they face.
- Meet with outside solutions developers and vendors to find new professional tools and resources that will help improve operations.
- Develops Strategic Plan for the site and drives Goal Deployment to meet the Breakthrough Objectives.
- EHS - Establishes priorities with his/her team to ensure all Environmental, Safety & Health Corporate Standard gaps are identified and establish proper plans to fully implement each ESH Standard. The Operations Director is the chief safety officer in the plant and responsible to develop and implement the plan to move the plant to World Class Safety performance.
- Assures that manufacturing has the talent to meet business requirements. Completes regular talent assessments and takes action to address gaps. Provides performance management to help reports improve leadership capabilities and provide accountability. Assures that discipline and other corrective actions are handled effectively and fairly. Assures that company policies are followed.
- Lean Leader for areas under his/her responsibility - Engages his/her teams to implement Lean Sigma in their respective areas working with Product Management, Sales, and Engineering
- Maintains the work force of his/her areas fully engaged and motivated to achieve plant goals and objectives.
- Leads by Example working with his/her teams to implement all Corporate Standards and provide action plans to ensure proper implementation.
- Motivates and coaches his/her team to identify opportunities during Gemba Walks in order to eliminate/decrease waste.
- This position deals directly with customers/suppliers and interacts directly and constantly with ALL Corporate Functional Leaders.
- Budget - Ensure predetermined budgets are met for KPIs.
- Identifies the gaps and areas where the focus needs to be to meet budgets and have a profitable
- Manages compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering, business management) required. Master’s degree preferred.
- This position will support the Operations Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, Quality Manager, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Value Stream Leaders and Materials Manager. Additionally the role will have dotted line support for Customer Service, Product Engineering, HR, and Finance.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure company policies are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Ten to fifteen years progressive related experience at a management level on different disciplines or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience to perform the requirements of the position.
- Strongly demonstrated general management skills including team building, JIT process based manufacturing, automotive industry experience, cost management, material/logistics, forecasting and planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, quality management, strong customer relationship background and attitude.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Environment, Safety & Health, Industrial Relations, accounting principles and supply contract administration.
- In depth knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen (Certification desired).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Thursday, January 16, 2020