If you are chosen for this opportunity, you will be responsible for being a Loan Modification Document Prepare Specialist for a portfolio of our client's loans, working to create loan modifications for borrowers seeking assistance with their inability to pay their mortgage by means of workout options, including forbearance. The primary goal will be to meet client, investor, and regulatory requirements in creating the loan modifications.
Our company will evaluate, review, and update as needed, your financial profile and prepare the documents to be submitted to the lender by you.
Responsibilities of the Position:
· Prepare loan modifications by reviewing accounts, researching documents (including payment histories) and system notes to prepare the borrower's loan modification.
· Effectively manage work queues, keeping them up to date and appropriately documenting in the systems of record. Maintain updated loan files to ensure a comprehensive record of every borrower's account activity.
· Audit loss mitigation decision data and decisions rendered for accuracy and compliance.
· Handle multiple mortgage products that are currently delinquent or at risk of delinquency, as governed by investor, departmental and legal guidelines. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations applicable to consumer collection activity.
· Help prevent foreclosure through various loss mitigation options by staying on top of every file that hit your desk, until closed.
· Perform any other duties as directed by management.
Education and Experience
Familiarity with lending-related terminology and processes, especially related to mortgage delinquency (loss mitigation or foreclosure) or REO is preferred; however, it is not a requirement. Over 1 year of loss mitigation, collections, accounting/bookkeeping, or related mortgage servicing experience is preferred but not required.
We will consider other relevant or similar experience.
A successful candidate needs:
· Must be able to think in an analytical manner to solve complex math/accounting problems.
· Must have a high level of flexibility, working in a fast-paced changing environment that is deadline driven.
· Excellent reasoning skills, the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
· The ability to safeguard confidential customer and company information.
· A solid work ethic, high integrity, a positive attitude, and strong attention to detail.
· The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
· Excellence in written and verbal communication with associates at all levels within the company as well as homeowners, investors etc. as needed.
· Proficiency with technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Word and Excel.
Hours & System Requirements
· Your hours and shift will vary based on the business need, but there is an expectation that you will work in a full- time capacity which between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00 Eastern time.
· Secure home office consisting of: Dedicated high-speed Internet and reliable personal computer/laptop is required with ability to have a microphone, speakers or use of a headset.
· Dedicated space where others cannot hear voice conversations, is free from background noise and other distractions.