Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery
Leap Staffing Agency
- Seattle, WA, United States
$10,000* SIGN-ON BONUS for RN's with minimum of 1 year Labor and Delivery experience and "New to HOSPITAL" - plus RELOCATION Assistance!!Evening Shift 3:00 PM - 3:00 AM
While most people tout doctors as being the heroes of the American healthcare system, the truth is that a vast majority of patient care is done by nurses. Our organization understands this better than most, which is why we place so much value on our nursing staff. By joining our nursing team, you'll have the opportunity to continue your career in patient care working with a team of like-minded nurses and other clinicians that share your same commitment to helping people. We can also offer you the chance to work in several different areas of patient care, and offer advancement opportunities into nurse management positions.
- Coordinate with doctors, technicians, and other clinical personnel in the development and implementation of patient care plans.
- Speak with outside providers to arrange for the emergency care and (if necessary) admission of patients being brought in by emergency medical service teams or being transferred from other facilities.
- Provide nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Work side-by-side with other members of our clinical teams in delivering direct care to patients under the direction of our physicians.
- Provide end-to-end care to patients, including initial assessments and triage, coordinating laboratory, pathology and imaging services, following patients admitted to facility to their respective care units, and then overseeing care up to the point of discharge.
- Coordinate the daily care of patients admitted to our facility, ensuring that medications are ordered and administered when needed, therapy schedules are followed, and that patient's dietary needs are met.
- Be responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel, as stated above, that participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met
- Prepare patients scheduled for surgery in accordance to the orders handed down from our surgical team, and then maintain a sterile environment in their rooms in preparation for them to return for recovery.
- Enter all information from notes and documentation made throughout the day into a patient's electronic medical record.
Job Skills & Qualifications
Required qualifications for this position include:
All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS Certification (specialty areas may require additional certifications)
12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in nursing
- Current RN licensed to the current standards of the state
- CPR certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of infection control and cross contamination prevention guidelines
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a hospital or medical center setting
- Previous float pool experience
Wednesday, December 18, 2019