Leap Staffing Agency
- Elkhart, IN, United States
Sign-On Bonus Up to $7,500
We care deeply about providing excellent care to our patients during therapeutic treatment to facilitate their healing process. Join our team as a physical therapist to give one-on-one care to our patients using the latest evidence-based techniques. We believe in collaborative work but also ensure that our therapists retain their autonomy to provide individualized care to patients. You will be challenged while working with a variety of patients, some of whom have acute injuries and others who have degenerative illnesses and associated loss of function. Learn and grow your physical therapy practice while working as a valued member of our dynamic team.
- Assess the mobility of patients using a range of tests and utilize the results to develop a patient care program and a therapy timeline.
- Carry out therapeutic interventions using standard solutions and the latest evidence-based techniques that appropriately address a patient's specific needs and concerns.
- Monitor patient progress in detailed reports and provide regular updates to patients, family members, physicians, caregivers and other therapists involved in the patient's care.
- Provide a continuum of care by collaborating with primary care physicians and specialists regarding patient care.
- Educate patients, families and caregivers on exercises that complement therapy sessions and facilitate improved range of motion.
- Supervise physical therapy aides and assistants, and work collaboratively with fellow therapists in the office to maintain quality care.
- Participate in continuing education and other professional development opportunities to remain knowledgeable about new and emerging therapies.
- Maintain patient records in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy to ensure excellent standard of care.
Job Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires familiarity with use of modalities and equipment needed to complete standard treatments offered.
- Requires tact and discretion when working with patients, families, and physicians.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Sufficient balance and strength necessary in standing to insure patient safety.
- Requires the physical ability to perform activities such as, manual muscle testing, PROM, manual techniques, etc.
' Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy (MS preferred)
' 2 to 4 years' experience in physical therapy
' Current state-issued license to practice
' Current CPR certification or completion upon hire
Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Physical Therapist licensure in the State of Indiana is required. State issued Driver's License required. Previous acute medical care is beneficial.
Thursday, November 7, 2019