- Columbus, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Software Engineer for a position onsite in Columbus, OH.
- Responsible for supporting technology exploration and solution development for the purpose of building chemical and reaction databases that empower proprietary chemical search technologies.
- Developing and deploying scientific software solutions in the chemical information space to support transformational initiatives, delivering both short and long-term results to the business.
- Software development of scientific information extraction solutions in support of scientific content curation.
- Combines strong software development skills with a working knowledge of basic chemistry/physics/biology to develop sophisticated informatics solutions that drive efficiencies in content curation and workflow process.
- Applies machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), rules-based algorithms, data transformation and other data-engineering software development capabilities to contribute to the building of a new scientific information extraction systems supporting in-house custom scientific database building activities.
- 4-year degree in computer science, engineering, informatics, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with databases technologies (relational, NoSQL, property graph, RDF/triple store)
- Experience building applications for public cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Experience building applications using AWS Serverless technologies such as Lambda, SQS, Fargate, DynamoDB, S3 is highly desired
- Experience building containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes) is highly desired
- Experience with CI/CD. Experience with AWS DevOps tools (CodeCommit, Cloud Development Kit, CDK Pipelines) is highly desired
- Experience with big data technology stack (Hadoop/EMR, Spark, Glue) is desired
- Experience with ML, NLP is a plus
- Experience with Databricks/SageMaker/DataRobot, MLFlow or other ML and MLOps tools is a plus
- Experience with cheminformatics toolkits (e.g. OpenEye, CDK, RDKit) is a plus
- Strong communication, organizational savvy, interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Innovates and continuously improves; focuses on areas of highest potential
Thursday, September 9, 2021