Patent Authority Analyst
- Columbus, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Patent Authority Analyst for a position in Columbus, OH.
- Actively builds and maintains the Patent Family File (PFF) database under strict currency deadlines with extremely high accuracy utilizing internal and external tools.
- Demonstrates beginner level of problem resolution and data analysis skills in using the Patent database building systems, including all diagnostic/review queues, the Patent Family Status Engine, and workflow in order to meet all currency targets.
- Develops beginner level of knowledge of resolving all types of patent data errors, especially those with a medium-high degree of difficulty.
- Develops competence in understanding external patent issuing authority web sites/databases and other PFF databases.
- Develops beginner level of understanding of patent lifecycles and effects of patent laws from all patent issuing authorities in order to efficiently resolve problems.
- Develops beginner level of understanding of raw patent data input formats, patent bibliographic data standards, patent terminology, and searching/analysis criteria of the database files, and patent gazettes and websites/database with the purpose of serving as a resource and resolving issues across departments and divisions.
- Assists in developing training materials/documentation for Content Acquisition and Preparation and other departments while utilizing Content Acquisition & Preparation standards and guidelines.
- Involved in projects teams within Content Acquisition & Preparation and across departments/divisions. May perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to assist with projects that affect D63 production and the building of our databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business or related.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and ability to make quick and accurate decision skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn complex data analysis.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive pressure.
- Strong leadership and training skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office applications (specifically, excel, power point), UNIX and XML.
- Japanese, Chinese, or Korean language skills are a plus.
Thursday, October 28, 2021