- New Albany, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Project Estimator for a remote position in New Albany, OH.
- Develop or oversee the development of conceptual estimates for assigned projects; support the planning and engineering groups in the development of all levels of estimates; and collect and analyze close out benchmarking data.
- Interface with engineering, outage planning, project engineering/management, construction, plant personnel and project controls-scheduling to identify/initiate, scope, status and follow-up (if necessary) estimate efforts. This includes providing recommendations and guidance to interfacing groups/individuals regarding estimate approach and input requirements.
- Establish policies and procedures for allocating risk based contingency; monitor labor market trends; work closely with procurement to track equipment pricing trends; develop and analyze historical records of project costs; review and critique designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- Implement policies and procedures defined in project estimating methods developed by the controls group for the long-range planning and capital development process; develop and maintain standardized processes and procedures for estimating; review estimate basis and assumptions for completeness and reasonableness; work with functional departments and service organization to develop services labor and material estimates.
- Provide advanced technical direction and guidance regarding estimate approach/development, assumptions/qualifications, and resolution of estimate issues.
- Plan, instruct, and/or coordinate the training and development of estimating employees, as required.
- BS or BA Engineering, Construction Sciences, Engineering Technology equivalent discipline. A minimum of six years of estimating experience that includes cost estimating for heavy industrial/process, power generation and/or transmission. Non-degreed applicants will be considered with a minimum of eight years of either experience or combined college & experience as described below.
- Estimating experience that includes cost estimating for heavy industrial/process and/or power generation; strong knowledge of current market pricing trends and construction execution for capital projects. Sound knowledge of estimating software packages.
- Electrical/Substation estimating experience and background
- Must have relevant experience in electrical utility sector, either worked directly or indirectly for an electrical utility. It is critical that the right candidate have a background in electrical engineering, construction management or engineering consultancy.
- Experience with Primavera a plus
- Develop and demonstrate a high-level of confidence in the ability to lead a team and a project to successful conclusion.
- Develop and demonstrate outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with all stakeholders including team members, sponsors, management and senior management.
- Develop and demonstrate an economic and business acumen with an understanding of the engineering & design, procurement, contracting, estimating, construction and startup procedures and processes.
- Develop and demonstrate strategic thinking, planning, risk assessment and prioritization of project activities skills.
- Support the organization of project activities, delegate project task assignments, set team requirements and expectations to manage deliverables and hold team members accountable.
- Develop and demonstrate conflict management skills to resolve disputes and to maximize synergies with an overriding goal to do the "right thing" for the company.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of scope management.
- Assist with the evaluation and determination of the skill sets and capabilities of and team members then provide recommendations to ensure project success.
- Possess high level of proficiency and advanced knowledge of construction methodologies.
- Position may require extended hours to accomplish assigned tasks and meet project/outage requirements and schedules.
- Develop and demonstrate ability to maintain a professional working atmosphere.
Friday, May 20, 2022