Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Columbus, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer for a position in Columbus, OH.
- Design, develop and deliver highly available and scalable Cloud services infrastructure, APIs and delivery pipelines.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of DevOps and automation for infrastructure services and application deployments for solutions in the Cloud
- Work with architecture, infrastructure and development teams to implement HA/DR, Security, Capacity, and Compliance strategies and best practices for existing and new applications.
- Implement proactive and reactive infrastructure, application and security monitoring.
- Provide 24x7x365 assistance as necessary in support of Cloud operations as part of the Cloud Engineering team on-call support.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members to standardize, share and review Cloud architecture and DevOps best practices.
- 3+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure, with a desired 1+ years in a relevant cloud, automation, and orchestration positions.
- Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures.
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies.
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts.
- Shell, Python, Go, NodeJS or other programming language experience is a must.
- Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of cloud computing platforms (AWS).
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running in the cloud.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Experience with Infrastructure Definition/Provisioning tools (Terraform/CloudFormation) required.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Chef, HashiCorp Packer) required.
- Knowledge/experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS is required.
- Experience with Nexus/PyPi/NPM is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket, Github, CodeCommit).
- Experience using log management tools (Splunk/ELK) for troubleshooting.
- Any exposure or hands on experience with APM tools (Dynatrace/ Datadog) a plus.
- Experience monitoring cloud and on-premise infrastructure and applications.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, EBS, A/ELB, RDS, S3, Route 53, Gateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda, highly desirable.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle is a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies.
Please submit qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants only, no third parties or agencies please.
Manifest offers competitive compensation with flexible employment status, comprehensive insurance package, company paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, referral bonuses and a flexible schedule in a family atmosphere.
For over 20 years Manifest Solutions has been providing intelligent and value-added IT solutions for our clients.
Friday, June 21, 2019