Senior DevOps Engineer
- Columbus, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer for a position in Columbus, OH.
- Experience in a lead DevOps role
- Ability to mentor and train teams effectively
- Experience in a production operations environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related discipline
- High-quality standards and attention to detail
- Effectiveness in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Verifiable skills with the following tools and technologies:
- UNIX/LINUX system administration
- UNIX tools and shell script development
- Virtualization technologies like AWS, Openstack, Kubernetes
- Ansible, Puppet or another configuration management tool
- Operating a large scale distributed Linux application
- Jenkins or another distributed job runner
- Ruby, RSpec, Serverspec
- Manage environment and tools for a large development shop
- Lead development of tools and processes that allow staff to operate development, test, and production systems efficiently
- Automate the flow of configuration changes through the different environments
- Prescribe how to deploy versions of software and how to manage multiple software versions.
- Work with other teams to implement these processes.
- Document new processes and keep existing documentation and tools up to date as the environment changes
- Provide leadership to others on the team as well as across project and organizational boundaries to accomplish shared objectives
- Lead daily standup meetings to gather status updates
- Represent the operations team on different agile teams, and in project meetings
- Coordinate and support deployment of new releases and configuration changes to development, functional testing, load testing and production environments, including triaging issues in these environments
- Triage, support, and prevent production, test, load and development issues. These issues can come from the Call Center, Software Support, Helpdesk, Marketing Operations, QA, and development.
- Work with the load test and configuration management teams to establish configurations of software/hardware
- Provide leadership for production and change management processes including after-hours and 24 x 7 on-call support
Please submit qualified resumes to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants only, no third parties or agencies please.
Manifest offers competitive compensation with flexible employment status, comprehensive insurance package, company paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, referral bonuses and a flexible schedule in a family atmosphere.
For over 20 years Manifest Solutions has been providing intelligent and value-added IT solutions for our clients.
Thursday, April 4, 2019