- New Albany, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Project Scheduler for a hybrid position in New Albany, OH.
- Support the development and analysis of project and maintenance outage schedules using Primavera Project Planner Enterprise (P6) through technical guidance, training, and verification.
- When applicable, administer, maintain security, reporting, maintenance, and daily operation of Primavera Project Planner Enterprise Software, scheduling QA/QC software, and the earned value metrics/reporting system.
- Must be self motivated, an excellent communicator, and team focused individual able to work under minimal supervision and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all project/outage aspects.
- Additional duties include schedule maintenance, collecting progress data, developing and implementing project/outage schedule/status reports, and providing consistent, accurate information to the project/outage senior management team.
- Facilitate development of fully integrated P6 schedules (including resource loading and leveling) for the project/outage execution teams including detailed P6 schedules that utilize critical path methodology based on work scope from the work packages and planners work list.
- Ensure schedulers are using sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project teams on a routine basis.
- Train and mentor schedulers in all aspects of Planning and Scheduling within P6.
- Lead the project/outage schedulers meeting to share lessons learned, process revisions and changes, and conduct technical training.
- Facilitate and administer the earned value management system (metrics/reporting) working with the project controls and project management teams.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in organizing and conducting schedule meetings covering the estimating, planning, scheduling, and updating of assigned projects/outages with applicable company and contract personnel.
- Maintain the Project (or Outage) Scheduling Handbooks or Procedure. Train and ensure schedulers are adhering to the handbook or procedure.
- Work with schedulers to standardize reports across the program where appropriate.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in preparing and analyzing metrics reports.
- Work with the project teams to provide accurate and beneficial summary level status reports as requested.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in preparing and analyzing schedule risk.
- Work with the project teams to provide risk assessments and recommended mitigation actions as requested.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in developing “what if” schedules to address various scenarios and options as necessary.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in crashing project/outage schedule durations when required.
- Substitute for project/outage schedulers as needed.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with project/outage schedules.
- Coordinate with contractors to assure understanding and adherence to the integrated project/outage schedule and scheduling requirements.
- Assign security, profiles, and roles for new P6 users.
- With a qualified Bachelor's degree, four (4) years' qualified experience required; with a qualified Associate's degree, six (6) years' qualified experience
- Qualified degrees must be in a related field from an accredited university or college and could include Accounting, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Technology, or Project Management.
- Scheduling experience using Microsoft Projects in Transmission, Substation, Construction or Engineering is necessary and P6 is preferred.
- Qualified experience includes utility specific operations knowledge/experience with a good working knowledge of work processes and procedures.
- Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, working with accounting principles, and/or construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently; show capacity for organizational and planning skills; as well as having an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to achieve goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with ability to work and collaborate well with others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to develop complex spreadsheets.
- Some travel, including overnight, may be required. On rare occasions, temporary relocation might be required to complete work.
- Must be a self-motivated individual and able to work under general supervision, be independent, and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all aspects.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of work projects of variable complexity.
Thursday, August 10, 2023