Lead Software Engineer
- Columbus, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer for a position in Columbus, OH.
- Defines and drives technical strategy and architectural vision for those products.
- Design appropriate solutions and recommend alternative approaches, when necessary.
- Partner with the Capability Manager and Delivery Lead to build and present the product roadmap, representing feasibility and team capacity
- Partner with the Capability Manager and Content Capability Analysts to realize the content capabilities vision, set realistic feature goals and identify technical risks and dependencies
- Understand the current technical capabilities and limitations and recommend innovative approaches to reduce the overhead of developing new features and maintaining existing features.
- Assist the software engineers in estimating the time and resources needed for new requirements.
- Analyze requirements for feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
- Utilize agile development methodologies while planning and developing the new requirements.
- Own technical architecture for the content system
- Minimize technical complexity of content system implementation
- Leverage platform architectures and shared services to improve quality and speed to market
- Lead the development team in thin-slicing work to deliver meaningful product increments as frequently as possible.
- Make technical debt visible and counsel the product manager on strategic prioritization
- Share progress made by the product team and value delivered
- Recommend new or better software technologies and procedures to keep up with the technology advancements.
- Provide inputs to data modeling based on the project understanding.
- Review design documents and test case documents written by other software engineers.
- Evaluate new project and business requirements for content.
- Write up design documents, flowcharts and review them with architects and product managers
- Evaluate and prioritize/categorize new requirements into phases to help project management plan the schedule for release.
- Perform code reviews with developers and amend any changes required.
- Develop test plans for quality testing of the new features and functionality.
- Oversee unit tests of the new functionality and make sure the requirements are met.
- Ensure the code written by other developers meets the quality and performance standards.
- Code alongside the team when necessary while guiding the team to grow technically and professionally.
- Write technical documents and programming comments so other software engineers can understand what was implemented.
- Write migration documents with instructions explaining the process for stakeholders leveraging earlier versions of the content schemas.
- Assist the Solution Platform functional-area by providing direction, answering questions on the deployment process, steps, and any errors if encountered.
- Handle deployments and foresee issues and review steps and tasks performed by the content operations team.
- Assist the Content Operations Division by providing direction, answering questions on application functionality, and implementing fixes.
- Write deployment document for content operations team on how to install the new source code.
- Perform document review with software engineers and architects.
- Share progress made by the product team and value delivered.
- 4-year degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in commercial software development preferred.
- Previous experience developing and integrating application program interfaces (api) into commercial applications.
- Excellent knowledge of application development and technology life cycles.
- Experience motivating team members for greater engagement, productivity and quality.
- Proven experience in communicating with management at all levels; ability to regularly communicate progress to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, high growth environment.
- Ability to understand and work with strong attention to the details.
- Experience in working at & supporting a software development company with customer facing applications.
- Mentor team members in project teams.
- Conduct technical interviews for hiring new talent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Wednesday, March 23, 2022