- Columbus, OH
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Software Developer for an onsite position in Columbus, OH.
- Participates in the identification and development of minimum viable product by understanding business needs and reacting flexibly to changing demands.
- Works in partnership with business representatives (e.g. product owner, application manager) to ensure ongoing alignment and value to the customer.
- Understands how architectural components can be used to improve flexibility and reuse.
- Tracks and addresses issues that may impact solution quality to right-size testing and quality efforts.
- Independently adheres to established UX principles and standards.
- Proactively seeks information to understand the digital customer’s UX needs.
- Designs and builds solutions to meet availability, resiliency, and scalability requirements.
- Considers business needs and designs solutions to ensure desired business impact.
- Shifts priorities or changes style as needed to deal with changing demands.
- Complies with application integration policies, standards, and requirements.
- Identifies the implications of enterprise architecture and integration on solution design.
- Diligently follows policies for secure code development and engages in secure coding practices.
- Works to increase understanding of infrastructure and its impact on software projects.
- Works within guidelines and parameters to implement modern architectural components.
- Sets daily priorities in a way that supports the team’s overall project plan.
- Provides suggestions and feedback on how to improve processes.
- Engages appropriate stakeholders for input, stage gates, reviews, and approvals as necessary.
- Tracks, reports, and manages any concerns and risks that may affect the team’s ability to achieve project outcomes (e.g., scope, budget, timeline).
- Understands how his or her role can support and add value to the workflow of other team members and functions.
- Exhibits empathy when making decisions that have implications for other team members or functions.
- Works effectively with others to solve challenges.
- Communicates proactively and effectively to managers and colleagues at the right intervals.
- Effectively communicates technical topics in business-friendly terms.
- Proactively seeks guidance about secure coding practices when unsure about security rules and regulations.
- Proactively identifies security risks that need to be managed
- Understands security principles to make sound decisions in the absence of specific guidelines
- Bachelor's in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in modern software development environments developing mission-critical software
- Languages: Java
- Tools: Git
- Practices: Agile, test-driven development
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability
- Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements
- Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process
- Experience in interfacing with business users
- React, Grails, Rails
- AWS (S3, CloudFront, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- GraphQL, Jenkins
- Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 24/7/365 environment.
Thursday, September 9, 2021