Health and Benefits Financial Consultant/Underwriter
Martin Grant Associates, Inc.
- Raleigh, NC, United States
Our client a well established employee benefits broker, currently has an opening in there employee benefits division for a Health & Benefits Financial Consultant/Underwriter. They would prefer that this position be located in one of their North Carolina offices (Charlotte, Greensboro or Raleigh).
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Health & Benefits Financial Consultant/Underwriter primary responsibility is to support employee benefits Consultants/Producers and client service teams as a subject matter expert with client strategy, product innovation, technical training and new business development.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in a finance, business and/or actuarial sciences concentration.
- Significant underwriting and actuary work experience preferred.
- Eight years or more of healthcare insurance industry experience is required, including healthcare underwriting, self-funding, stop loss, provider network analysis, alternate funding, funding projections and general risk analysis.
- Direct employer consulting and service experience preferred.
- Work experience with a medical managed carrier is preferred.
- Creative problem solver with exceptional relationship building skills.
- Ability to develop underwriting models, funding projections and impact analysis is essential.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support employee benefit Consultants/Producers and client service teams as a subject matter expert with client strategy, product innovation, technical training and new business development.
- Direct client access in providing expertise on underwriting, pricing, plan structure, benefit design and financial viability/analysis of employee health benefits programs.
- Provide technical assistance with employee benefits captive renewals and sales process.
- Consult with clients regarding self-funded and fully insured claims assessments, product development and M&A due diligence.
- Support Consultants/Producers in all financial aspects of servicing existing clients and assist Consultants/Producers with new business opportunities.
- Consult with large, complex clients acting as the subject matter expert for issues relating to underwriting, actuarial and financial projections.
- Conduct provider network evaluations.
- Provide insight and interpretation regarding utilization trends/cost trends.
- Participate in special projects focused on plan design comparisons, multiyear contribution strategy and financial trends.
Posted On: Thursday, February 15, 2018