Personal Lines Underwriter 2018-50
Martin Grant Associates, Inc.
- Warwick, RI
Growing company with presence in six states seeks an articulate professional who will be responsible for the evaluation, selection and pricing of multi-personal lines accounts while managing a territory of independent agents to ensure that profitability and growth objectives for the company are met. A winning attitude and willingness to work as a team, excellent customer service skills, and a strong work ethic are required to succeed.
The company will also consider both company underwriters and agency account managers.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Select, price and develop coverage terms for personal lines accounts to achieve profitable underwriting results.
- Manage a territory of independent agents to ensure that profitability and growth objectives for the company are consistently achieved.
- Review new business applications to evaluate degree of risk involved; accept, decline, or modify risks based on company’s underwriting policies.
- Maintain a profitable book of business within assigned levels of authority by using sound underwriting judgment and technical skills.
- Strong analytical and logical thinking, as well as successful negotiation skills, are required to meet company quality and timelines goals. Maintain and establish good working relationships with agents and communicate underwriting decisions to agents and insured’s.
- Collaborate with Underwriting Analysts and Business Development Managers to insure book is developing profitably.
- Responsible for achieving individual production,profitability, and quality goals.
- Perform external marketing activities (Agency calls, Agency meetings, Agency Audits, etc.). Estimated travel time - 10%
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Promotes the Company's products and services by actively seeking opportunities to speak to agent or insurance-related groups, and by networking within the insurance community to stay abreast of changes within the industry.
- Provides product and training instruction to agents and actively participates in company sponsored events and industry functions.
- Actively engages in process improvement activities by offering suggestions to improve workflows and procedures, assists with implementation of changes, and documentation of best practices.
Wednesday, April 4, 2018