Director of Foodservice
- San Diego, CA
General Purpose: To oversee and support all facets of the Prepared Foods Departments while supporting the company’s Mission and Vision with an emphasis on creating new and exciting programs that will complement not only the Prepared Foods Program but also the entire company. Oversee all Prepared Foods Operations: Scratch Kitchen/Bakery, Bread program, Meat/Cheese, Juice Bar, Salad Bar, Hot Food Bar, Specialty Food programs, Foods to Go, Counter, Catering, Delivery, Warehouse, Menu Creation, etc.
- Creating new and exciting programs that will complement and grow the entire Prepared Foods Program.
- Ongoing introduction, training, evaluation, and modification of all Prepared Foods Departments and programs to help ensure Jimbo’s is always on the cutting edge of quality and offerings while maintaining Jimbo’s strict product, policy and employee guidelines.
- Ongoing evaluation and modification of menus, specials and production for the Prepared Foods Departments.
Responsible for maintaining margin, labor budget for the Prepared Foods Departments; investigate and make corrections when targets margins are not being reached.
- Write ads and negotiate discounts with brokers, distributors, and manufacturer including warehouse buys.
- Negotiate and set up monthly all-store sales items
- Perform monthly evaluations for all stores department conditions and give feedback to Store Managers and Prepared Foods Managers with respect to established programs
- Verification and maintenance of the accuracy, pricing, signage for items in the Prepared Foods Department
- Create training materials for the new and/or changing programs for the Prepared Foods Departments.
- Evaluate movement of products/programs with an eye to products/program diversity, selection and performance.
- Support Sous Chef with evaluating recipes to ensure quality and consistency between the Prepared Foods Departments in each store
- Research products and programs in response to customer inquiries and to insure our products meet our product standards.
- Provide feedback and input to the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Operations on personnel and professional issues within the Prepared Foods Departments.
- Support the hiring and training of new Prepared Foods Department Managers, Supervisors and Trainers.
- Oversee the Sous Chef and the Counter Trainer giving them direction, feedback and guidance as needed; provide feedback of their work to Chief Operating Officer and Director of Operations
- Oversee the evaluation and submission of new items for approval; research product background and ingredients in response to customer inquiries; and insure all our products meet our product standards.
- Oversee large buy-ins and deep discounts for the warehouse program
- Oversee quantity purchasing in all stores making sure discounts are maximized and inventory controlled.
- Oversee the organization and supervision of the quality and production for the Prepared Foods Departments.
- Oversee that the Prepared Foods Departments are functioning within the County/State guidelines for health and sanitation.
- Oversee the evaluation of packaging options to improve merchandising and minimize costs and environmental impact.
- Responsible for ensuring the Prepared Foods Departments are functioning within the County/State guidelines for health and sanitation
- Responsible for equipment repair; getting quotes, assisting with new or damaged equipment as well as evaluating current equipment in stores for repair or replacement
- Support Prepared Foods Department Managers regarding scanning procedures, tags, signage etc.
- Support the quarterly inventories of the Prepared Foods Departments in all stores
- Facilitate Prepared Foods Department Manager meetings minimum once a quarter
- Maintain contacts with industry brokers, sales reps, and manufacturers.
- Responsible for consistent communication and follow-through with Prepared Foods Department (Sous Chef, Trainer and Managers) and for holding a minimum of one Prepared Foods Department meeting per quarter.
- Attend Prepared Foods Department Manager meetings as needed and/or supply agenda input for the meetings
Serve as a Prepared Foods Supervisor, Trainer and/or support the departments as needed.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a highly effective Director of Prepared Foods or similar position.
- Must maintain a current Serve Safe certification.
- Experienced in a multi-facet Prepared Foods Programs similar to; Scratch Kitchen/Bakery, Bread program, Meat/Cheese, Juice Bar, Salad Bar, Hot Food Bar, Specialty Food programs, Foods to Go, Counter, Catering, Delivery, Warehouse, Menu Creation, & possibly meat/seafood, etc.
- Proven leadership and team-building skills with the ability to constructively address performance issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel between stores.
- Ability to analyze financial reports and make operational corrections in order to achieve financial goals.
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, & Chef Tec.
- Natural foods knowledge and industry connections very helpful.
Wednesday, May 6, 2020