Project Manager/Estimator - Des Moines, IA
- Slater, IA
Our partner's firm is seeking a full time commercial landscape Estimator/Project manager to join their team of landscape professionals.
Our partner's firm is a 100% new-construction focused landscape firm working with the best general contractors and developers in Iowa. Culture and experience are two key pillars of our firm and we take pride in being professionals who are passionate about the green-industry.
We are one of the fastest growing landscape firms in the Midwest and are looking to add a skilled, all-star Estimator/PM to handle the function described, in detail, below. We are looking to bring an individual into the company with experience bidding, selling and managing commercial landscape and erosion control projects.
- Manage & delegate to estimating assistant
- Quantity takeoffs
- Quote procurement from suppliers and subcontractors
- Creating competitive, profitable proposals meeting goals
- Following up with clients post-bid
- Workflow/backlog forecasting
- Putting projects under contract/buyout (Confirm scope and contract amounts, setup orders and create POs)
- Create and manage work orders
- Coordinate with ALPHA superintendent
- Have knowledge of field operations in order to
- Work with Production manager to schedule crews and work to be performed
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner
- Communicate with customers and get responses (RFI) for questions or discrepancies in scope
- Manage projects and optimize profit. The owners will be very hands on to help manage and develop these relationships and projects so we both can have success.
- Provide direction to field supervisors and foreman when there are scope questions.
- Attend Sub-Contractor coordination meetings when required.
- Assist in facility management
- ability to operate skid loader and forklift
- maintain inventory for projects and place orders as needed
- Monitor on-site plant material stock for health
- Self motivated individual who can increase sales and revenues.
- Must have ability to manage your time and work effectively with little supervision
- Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and public/customer service skills
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Good people skills to deal with customers and an outbound personality
- Able to prospect new clients/projects
- Strong communication skills
- Very good team player and should work well under pressure
- Able to foster the member relation values
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven customer service skills
- High school graduate or holder of a G.E.D. or equivalent training
- 3 years of previous construction estimating or project management experience
- Base Salary: $50,000 - $100,000 (experience based)
- Profit Share Opportunities
- 100% Company funded life-insurance plan
- Company funded health insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
$50,000 - $100,000.00