- New Orleans, LA
Assistant PM / Estimator duties
- The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers and/or Superintendents in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met.
- Under the direction of the PM, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about construction.
- General Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases and aspects of the project.
- Provide support to Field Staff.
- Set Up: Ensure that proper tools are in place prior to the beginning of a project.
- Prepare and assist with pre-installation meetings.
- Review Owner contract and become familiar with terms & conditions.
- Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules.
- Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work.
- Assist PM in the development of the overall project schedule.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as requested by the PM.
- Review drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items.
- Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope reviews as requested by PM.
- Develop a project submittal log and obtain owner/architects approval.
- Manage said submittal log and ensure all submittals are processed promptly.
- Ensure contracts and insurance are current and received before subcontractor performs any work on site.
- Follow up on collection of all non-received documents and bring any issues to the PM.
- Prepare all project meeting agendas and associated attachments as directed by the PM.
- Attend weekly project meetings as requested by PM and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Draft, submit, and track all RFI’s and distribute to all teams’ members as appropriate.
- Review project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, PCO’s) with Superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Pursue and monitor submittals and track deliveries of materials.
- Verify all submittal conformity to plans & specifications.
- Collect superintendent daily reports, weekly project pictures and safety documentation and review for completeness and include in project documentation.
- Inform PM of deficiencies.
- Collect and distribute coordination drawings from appropriate subcontractors.
- Review drawings with PM and Superintendent.
- Set up coordination meetings for PM to chair.
- Collect subcontractor changes for review by the PM.
- Complete quantity take-offs as requested by estimating and PM.
- Review and code invoices. Check for accuracy and compare to cost to complete forecast.
- Distribute all punch lists and the follow-up as necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work.
- Collect all required close out documents for certification.
- Assemble the close out documents.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals.
- Keep field team members (i.e. Superintendent) informed and active in decision-making.
Management of all aspects of ongoing estimating projects. Communicating with project architects and clients. Conducting weekly management meetings regarding up-coming projects. Implementation of sub-contractor agreements and payment requests. Directly communicating job progress with owner of Carimi Construction and Development LLC. Experience with Co-Construct construction management software is a plus.
Friday, September 17, 2021