Irrigation Manager - Denver, CO
- Aurora, CO
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President of Maintenance
Our firm is a fast-paced, dynamic, full- service landscape contractor servicing the Front Range of Colorado performing both Landscape Management and Snow Management Services. We have been maintaining Residential and Commercial properties for over thirty years. Our company growth (branches in Aurora, Arvada, Highlands Ranch, and Colorado Springs) provide a distinct opportunity to offer exciting career path options and stimulate personal growth through our unique training/education programs. We provide out teammates a safe, consistent, and challenging work environment for continued growth and progress.
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees the strategic goals and day to day operations of the Company’s irrigation operations including understanding customer expectations and needs, defining service standards, designs and implements a training curriculum to support irrigation technician development and partners with the Business Development team to sell irrigation services to existing and new customers. Leads a team and it accountable for the proper care, utilization, safety and security of all company assets by team members.
- Achieve budgeted profit and sales goals.
- Owns the hiring, training, development, motivation, management and retention of the irrigation team associates.
- Oversees overall irrigation department including standard operating procedures as well as scheduling, ordering materials, monitoring job costs and deliveries, inventory, materials, equipment and personnel/subcontractor management along with achieving financial performance objectives.
- Ensure all work is performed safely, to quality standards and in compliance with applicable governmental regulations.
- Monitor monthly reports such as revenue/hour and work with the account management and production teams to make adjustments as necessary to achieve Company goals. Plans daily, weekly, monthly and annual activities in advance.
- Maintain a comprehensive preventive safety training program for the irrigation team.
- Track inventory and restock as needed.
- Assist in assuring all departmental work is billed appropriately.
- Conduct site visits independently and in conjunction with field teams to inspect and confirm irrigation services delivered are of excellent quality. Does hands-on work as necessary to ensure department goals are achieved.
- Manage and maintain a key leadership role for snow removal operations including attending to customers, manpower and equipment needs.
- Adheres to and enforces all company policies and regulations at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of irrigation industry best practices including safety practices and procedures. Ability to operate all equipment utilized by the irrigation team.
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to work being performed.
- The following certifications are a plus: Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (CLIA), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID), Certified Irrigation Contractor (CIC).
- Various manufacturer aerator certifications are a plus.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job in order to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands regularly include standing, walking on uneven surfaces, stooping/crouching, kneeling, reaching with hands and arms, fine motor skills using hands/fingers, seeing intricate parts and overall system, talking and hearing. Lifting requirements are regularly 25 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- The ability to interpret data and report on findings and trends.
- Client relationship/management skills.
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record and insurable on company’s policy
- Ability to use Microsoft Office & other software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must have a minimum of (5) years of relevant irrigation experience.
- Posses strong knowledge of Irrigation Maintenance & Installation processes.
- Excellent communication, organization, leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Obtain and maintain certifications and licenses needed to perform work in local market.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local marketplace.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business, Horticulture or related field or equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license; clean MVR.
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position (lift equipment, etc).
- Ability to calculate numbers and amounts, including but not limited to discounts, areas, and volumes.
- Knowledge and experience in the safe use of vehicles and equipment.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Locally as needed to support inspections.
- 40+ hours per week; Variable Snow hours
- Exposed to year round weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to moving machinery and noise
- Some heavy lifting may be required (+50LBS)
- In and out of vehicles throughout the day
Monday, August 2, 2021