Office Manager/Bookkeeping - Dallas, TX
- Dallas, TX
Our client is an award winning professional landscape design, maintenance and construction firm in Dallas. They are seeking an Office Manager reporting to the CFO supporting Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and general HR and receptionist duties.
The Book Keeper/Payroll/HR Office Manager is responsible for the administration, processing and auditing of payroll and in supporting the Office Management functions of the department and general book keeping duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and Support key areas of Payroll. HR, A/P, A/R and bank reconciliation
- P&L, General Ledger and Financial Statement Reporting
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy
- Assist in preparation of annual tax schedules and work in association with CPA
- Produce monthly consolidated financial statements include balance sheets, income statement and cash flow
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prepare and submit the weekly payroll and related changes, including new hires and terminations, bonuses, STD, LTD, and garnishments ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Work closely with operational supervisors at all locations on payroll and time entry related issues.
- Review time clock data for completeness and accuracy.
- Notify various department supervisors for any missed time.
- Onboard new employees
- Compile internal management reports from payroll software.
- Assisting with manual checks and reversals.
- Our client is an award winning professional landscape design and construction firm to ensure proper flow and maintenance of payroll and employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports with 3rd party Carriers).
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly into the system for timely payroll processing.
- Investigate and correct payroll errors and address employee's pay-related concerns.
- Assistance with testing and development of HRIS related projects.
- Assist with compliance initiatives (i.e. I-9 log, OSHA reporting, benefit enrollment of new hires, 401k enrollment etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired a minimum of Associates Degree required.
- Landscape or Construction Experience is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and QuickBooks is required
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a diverse employee base.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as an individual and as a member of a high-performing team.
- Understanding of HR and Basic Accounting Principles preferred.
- Superb attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Discreet ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong initiative, ability to anticipate issues proactively.
- Bilingual skills are preferred but not required
Monday, August 12, 2019