Construction Project Manager - Louisiana
- Thibodaux, LA
Landscape Construction Project Manager
The Landscape Construction project Manager is a hands-on position managing field supervisors and crews performing commercial landscape/irrigation construction services. The main focus of this role is to manage landscape/irrigation construction projects, client relations and communication, subcontractors, Vendor relationships and material ordering, Safety, managing job budgets. The Landscape Construction Project Manager (LCPM) will promote teamwork within the company.
DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES
Management and Accounting
- Provide hour and material budgets for all crews as a guide for production
- Monitor the integrity of information provided to accounting system (timesheets and work orders)
- Monitor equipment inventory and insure equipment is properly serviced
- Keep informed of new practices in green industry
- Keep informed of new or potential sales
- Facilities opening and lock up.
- Utilize LMN and Job boards for scheduling and tracking job issues
Customer Service and Sales
- Maintain excellent on site relations and communications with clients, contractors and/or subcontractors as needed
- Encourage multiple sales from current clients
- Communicate daily with DoC staff on jobsite progress and issues
- Assist in identifying enhancement opportunities change orders on jobsites
- Supervise and train Construction Team Leaders and crews on all aspects of landscape construction services
- Conduct jobsite inspections on each job no less than once every week
- Review equipment needs and maintenance schedules with Fleet manager
- Perform and/or participate in crew and department general and safety meetings
- Insure the safe operation of all construction equipment
- Safely drive company owned vehicles
- Work with other LCPM to insure a consistent product
- Work with other managers on work schedules including seasonal work needs
- Work with other departments and personnel when needed
- Ability to meet project deadlines set by the (DoC)
- Work closely with HR Manager to promote and enforce all Human Resource Procedures
- Interview, hire, orient, and train all new hires
- Participate in intern training
- Continually provide ongoing training to field supervisors to meet company growth, needs, etc.
- Document absences, tardiness and other disciplinary actions
- Conduct Performance Reviews on field supervisors and staff
- Enforce company policies and culture
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- . 4+ years’ experience in the landscape industry - Horticulture degree preferred
- Physically capable of outdoor labor – lifting, carrying, planting, etc. as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and people skills.
- Excellent horticultural knowledge and ability to teach others.
- Able to translate technical information to a focused and specific assignment.
- Provide a goal oriented work process while motivating and leading others with a supportive atmosphere.
- Self-motivation and a commitment to high quality.
- Current and clear Class D driver’s license.
- Current pesticide applicator’s license (or ability to obtain within 1 month).
- CLT and ISA Arborist certificate is desirable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021