Landscape Construction - Project Manager, Commercial Division
- Aurora, CO
Position: Commercial Project Manager
Department: Commercial Construction
Reports to: Commercial Department Manager
Works with: Crews, Field Supervisors, Department Managers, Purchasing, & Office
Manages the coordination of all projects through all phases of planning and construction. Provides leadership by managing, coordinating, and developing a team. Reviews and Improves all aspects of project management job processes. Works closely with field operations to provide the best possible service for our clients
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represents Company’s best interest in interaction and communication with customer’s, employee’s, and vendor’s
- Ensure projects are completed within budgets and schedules, while meeting client needs, business objectives, and design requirements.
- Ensure that project specific materials are as specified and delivered on time.
- Studies project documents and specifications in detail to acknowledge any potential problems before we even begin a project.
- Understands scope of contract to identify opportunities and risks.
- Interfaces with subcontractors to ensure timely and accurate completion of their phase of projects.
- Interprets contracts, as-built drawings, change orders, and job conditions to maximize work production and quality
- Assigns and adjusts work procedures to meet daily demands and schedules
- Adheres to and enforces company policies and regulations (safety, purchasing, training)
- Administers and insures adherence to all safety rules and governmental regulations for people and equipment
- Make sure that our clients never have to wonder the status of their project. We would rather “over-communicate” than “under-communicate”.
- Do whatever it takes to deliver on our promises. We do what we say we will, when we say we will do it.
- Prepares job costing reports to identify any opportunities to improve.
- Works closely with operations and estimating to ensure we operate as one team with our clients and plan accordingly for projects.
- Ensure all projects are billed accurately and timely.
- Review and improve all processes and procedures of project management to maximize job profitability and service to our clients.
- Communicates and coordinates all paperwork and information flow with appropriate personnel
- Work with divisional personnel and managers to achieve timely completion of all revenue objectives
- Accurate and timely reporting on progress of all key performance indicators
This position has direct reports with project supervisors. They will coordinate all personnel allocation, evaluations, motivation, discipline, and recognition issues with the Department Manager. This position will interact with management, other department managers, purchasing and office personnel to help achieve all corporate objectives. This position must be able to communicate and interact, in a respectable manner, with job site superintendents and customer service representatives. As such a basic level of English proficiency is required.
- 3-5 years of commercial landscape and irrigation installation experience with multiple crew management
- Bilingual communication
- Industry contacts with vendors, management companies, and potential employees
- Computer skills with Word, Excel, Office
- Management experience within the landscape industry
- Integrity in all business dealings
- Valid drivers license and clean record
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the landscape industry - Emphasis on Commercial Install
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position
- Ability to coordinate effective production
- Knowledge and experience in the use of landscape equipment
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, areas, and volumes
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screening. Medical marijuana cards not accepted.
While performing the duties of this job the position is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The position frequently requires exposure to moving mechanical parts in tight, constrained places. Encountering wet conditions in both extreme heat and cold is often part of the position. Heavy lifting (excess of sixty pounds) and moving of materials may be required. Frequent driving is required. Noise levels in the work environment are moderate.
We are a 100% Drug Free Company.
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
$65,000 - $85,000.00