- Austin, TX
The Landscape Designer is responsible for designing and selling large, complex residential landscape and outdoor living projects. The critical link between the client and their dreams, the goal of the Designer is to deliver innovative design, unparalleled customer service and communication, and total client satisfaction.
Job Duties and Requirements
• Create and Nurture the Client Relationship
Has designed and delivered award-winning landscape and outdoor living dreams to residential clients in Austin, Texas and the surrounding Hill Country.
- Consult with clients on-site to assess their goals, dreams, budget, and timeline.
- Provide unparalleled customer service by active communication, responsiveness, and attention to detail.
- Advise, consult, and advocate for the client in all phases of the design/build process.
Design & Sales
- Assess site conditions and client requirements to identify project constraints and opportunities.
- Design innovative landscape and outdoor living spaces that exceed customer expectations.
- Prepare and Review designs and options with the client to develop.
- Estimate costs and timelines for project delivery in conjunction with the Management and Construction teams.
- Sell and contract construction projects.
- Maintain internal communication through all phases of the client relationship, including sales and project status reporting.
- Identify all permitting needs and secure permits for construction as required.
- Source specified specialty products for the project.
- OverseeprojectdeliveryinconjunctionwiththeManagementandConstructionteams. Identify and solve variances between plan and field conditions.
- Identify potential improvements and/or additions to the project plan to enhance the clients’ satisfaction with their project. Estimate and procure change orders as required.
- Identify and communicate value engineering and/or work methods opportunities to improve quality and delivery times.
- Provide continuous and professional communication to the homeowner from pre- construction through project completion and warranty.
Marketing & Business Development
- Assist in delivery of the Southern Landscape Customer Care Program.
- Complete daily project assessments and status updates to Design and Management
- Teams to effectively communicate issues and opportunities.
- Determine and recommend opportunities for improvement in planning and work methods to improve client satisfaction and job performance.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
Experience and passion in designing outdoor residential spaces, including landscapes, hard scapes, pools, and kitchens.
Excellent communication, sales, and customer service skills.
Excellent creative skills and ability to translate customer requirements into design.
Knowledge of landscape and hardscape materials and construction methods.
Well organized and detail-oriented. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced
Impeccable manners and commitment to quality. Must be punctual and maintain a professional
Degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Contracting, Horticulture, or equivalent
Valid Texas driver’s license with minimal violations.
High ethical standards.
Thursday, September 23, 2021