Landscape Operations Manager (Snow & Installation) - Boston, MA
- Wilmington, MA
Now is your chance to join our partner's reputable landscape firm! Our partner is a full-service landscape company, located North of Boston. They offer mostly commercial services, but also perform residential work. They are seeking a skilled landscape professional to join their team of green industry leaders.
As the Operations Manager for the Snow & Ice Management and Landscape Installation/Enhancement Divisions, you will be in charge of all day to day operations. This will include running the landscape installation and enhancement side throughout the peak season and the snow & ice management division in the winter. Both of these divisions are integral parts of our operation and you will be expected to oversee crews in the field, as well as handle Operations in-field and in the office.
You will take a lead role in managing, planning and operating our commercial landscape installation and enhancement division. Responsible for leading, managing crews to achieve work goals, work objectives and adherence to values and company policies.
In the winter you will lead the operational planning and management for our snow removal division including in house labor. You will be directly responsible for snow removal for residential and commercial properties which includes pre-season, during, and post-snow season processes.
- Manage job costs, budget goals and business objectives
- Directs and coordinates estimating / bid functions to ensure accuracy, profitability and competitive edge.
- Reviews contracts and change orders with necessary frequency to ensure all change orders are current.
- Lead production meetings to review progress and to discuss potential changes to projects.
- Attend all necessary field staff meetings for reviews, training and scheduling; communicate with all staff members to provide reporting of job progress and to provide general field procedural direction.
- Schedule and conduct ride longs with all account managers on a monthly basis
- Work with Production Management to coordinate training of crew members on technical skills and general field operational procedures.
- Monitor crew performance, conduct periodic crew performance evaluations and document all personnel actions.
- Visit jobsites on an ongoing basis to monitor quality of work. Give constant feedback and corrective direction.
- Oversee Snow Operations, including preparations before the season and handling wrap-up.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture related field
- Intermediate to advanced executive administrative skills (excel, reporting, writing memos, correspondence, and calendar management)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in the landscape or related industry.
- Demonstrated expert level of knowledge and ability in landscape operations including project management, safety, budget, quality control and training and development of team members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with executive management and project personnel.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams to produce targeted goals.
- Experience in various operating systems; Windows preferred
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
$70,000 - $80,000