Landscape Sales Professional - Lynchburg, VA
- Evington, VA
Our client is seeking a Landscape Sales Professional who is an experienced salesperson with documented sales experience and proven success. This person should have a distinct ability and passion to understand clients’ needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs while keeping a client centric focus.This person spends the majority of their time meeting with clients to develop relationships and sell landscaping services.They will also be responsible for contract administration including, but not limited to: estimating, contracts, billing, change orders, completion certificates.
- Develop relationships with existing and potential clients to develop sales leads.
- Joins and participates in extra-curricular activities and professional networking groups that promote The Company.
- Attend trade shows and homes shows to promote The Company.
- Meet and conduct initial interviews with prospective clients.
- Generate new sales leads from networking opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with previous clients by means of phone and email communication at specified intervals as set forth by Sales Manager.
- Perform a detailed site analysis for prospective jobs.
- Independently and collaboratively with Landscape Designer, create landscapes that meet client goals and objectives.
- Follow company policies and procedures on selling through the SLG Sales Playbook.
- Ensures all job notes are accurately prepared in the estimate.
- Creates estimates in collaboration with Landscape Designer for review by Sales Manager.
- Follows up with client post-sale to do a walk-through of the job to ensure client is satisfied.
- Perform warranty follow-ups.
- Participate in weekly Sales and Accounts Receivable Meeting.
- Utilizes Company CRM software to log all activity with prospects and clients following company protocol.
- Keeps Global calendar within CRM software.
- Creates job folders for each job for Administrative team.
- Review and approve completed subcontractor invoices.
- Maintains excellent communication with client throughout project.
- Communicates with Team Leaders and reviews jobs as needed, including job site visits, to ensure the client’s expectations are met.
- Enters sold jobs on production board, fills out appropriate schedule board tags, and informs production of new project.
- Attend production meetings and convey updated information to the production team regarding add-ons, change orders, etc.
- Visits job site and meets with client during project to ensure client satisfaction and expectations are being met.
- Coordinates with subcontractors as required to create a positive experience for client.
- Must have the ability to communicate, gain trust and develop relationships with prospects and clients.
- Must display a passion for landscaping and a sense of enthusiasm that can be conveyed to potential clients.
- Help with additional items as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid driver’s license insurable by company agent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in sales with proven ability to meet sales goals and objectives.
- Green industry degree (horticulture, landscape architecture, landscape design) is preferred but not required if equivalent experience exists.
- Knowledge of plants, hardscape materials, drainage, irrigation and architectural features for our region of Virginia.
- Utilize computer aided design for landscaping is preferred, but not required.Candidate should have excellent computer skills and be proficient in basic computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to operate mobile devices.
- Must possess excellent mathematical abilities.
- Candidate must be able to read and write English legibly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as, job planning skills are a must.
This position requires that the individual to have the following certifications
1.First/Aid and CPR
2. Virginia Certified Horticulturist (within one year of employment)
Friday, September 6, 2019
$55,000 + Commissions