Landscape Maintenance Field Manager - Oakdale, CT
- New London, CT
LANDSCAPE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!!
We're currently seeking a Landscape Field Manager with extensive field experience who can manage and build large scale High End commercial and residential landscape and hardscape development projects from inception through completion. This position will perform work in the Oakdale, CT area.
This will be a hybrid landscape production/operations role. We are seeking someone who will be out with the crews and getting dirty, but will also be managing the firm under the President.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Understand client needs via regular communication with the staff and Owner.
- Willing to learn how to make proposals and answer service calls.
- Ensure that job site quality and appearance meets client and our company's standards.
- Manage most landscape services, including gathering of all materials, people, and equipment to properly complete job.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan (punch list) for service.
- Meet crews on properties
- Follow up with crew to make sure punch lists are complete.
- Complete monthly quality control inspections (Grade) on all assigned properties.
- Monitor irrigations systems, identify problems or necessary repairs, and communicate recommendations to the Operations Manager. Complete repairs when necessary.
- Monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems and report to the Operations Manager.
- Apply herbicide to properties as needed.
- Make property enhancement (Upgrades) suggestions to Operations Manager.
- Manage and help with all enhancement work as needed.
- Implement and enforce company policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for equipment.
- Work with the Operations Manager to identify staffing needs, and help prepare crew schedules.
- Communicate with, train, discipline, review, and help develop growth plans for employees.
- Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Help run errands and get supplies for next day jobs
- Maintain and manage all required paperwork.
- Help to keep shop and yard organized.
- Help to complete all other duties assigned by Operations Manager or Owner.
Friday, September 6, 2019
$50,000 - $60,000