Branch Manager - Austin, TX
- Austin, TX
Plans, directs, and manages the day to day activities pertaining to the construction, renovation, and maintenance of an assigned contracts in accordance with company policies, contract documents, and governmental regulations specifically pertaining to project schedules and budgets, fleet and equipment management, quality control, implementing and operating per company Standard Operating Procedures, and operation safety management. Oversees all Superintendents and field team member duties.
- Must uphold company policies, procedures, and company core values at all times
- Manages multiple landscape & irrigation installation projects of all sizes.
- Evaluate project site conditions (surveying experience) that include the assessment of current topographies and soil conditions and reports to the Branch manager prior to the commencement of work.
- Responsible for all care and use of assets to include fleet and equipment
- Responsible for ensuring all crews have returned to the office and ensuring all trucks and gates are secured.
- Responsible for dispatch of labor and equipment to job sites
- Managing equipment utilization on projects, equipment storage, and maintenance
- Ensure that repairs to equipment and vehicles are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure best use of tools and equipment efficiently to ensure project completion and keep all rentals to a minimum and call off rentals immediately after use.
- Manage equipment/truck database and ensure routine maintenance occurs and is logged.
- Responsible for all Superintendents, field team members, and forecasted labor
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures as issued by our company.
- Ensures coaching, evaluating, performance reviews, growth development plan(s), and training staff and field workers in the performance of landscape construction services that directly report to the Operations Manager
- Recommend staff changes, promotions, wage adjustments, and staffing limits (hiring/firing) to Branch Manager
- Managing labor force to ensure labor budgets are on track
- Identify forecasting staffing needs based on current and future work loads
- Maintaining accurate daily and weekly Superintendent activity logs; updating production tracking reports and generating other related reports as needed
- Verify crew entries of time into Paycom prior to 9 am each morning for day prior.
- Responsible for managing and approving all crews’ timesheets and vacation requests.
- Schedule of crews for days and weeks ahead, effectively and efficiently
- Evaluating employee safety data and promoting safe work practices or conditions; ensuring employees attend weekly safety meetings
- Manage all crews GPS and driver safety scorecards, provide recommendations to project manager for any driver warnings and write ups.
- Organize weekly safety toolbox talks with crews and ensure proper PPE and other safety related information is presented to all crews.
- Follow all safety protocols for reporting any accidents and ensure safety policies are being followed.
- Works with Branch Manager to track all expenses on jobs, ensuring proper entry of time, materials, and subcontractors for each.
- Review all plans, specifications, and estimates and bring any issues regarding materials or budgets to the pre-construction meeting.
- Ensuring that all construction services are delivered according to contract specifications, within budget, and on schedule.
- Daily collection of all receipts/bills of lading for all materials delivered to projects. Properly identify each ticket with job name, number, and PO.
- Submit invoices to AP for processing within 24 hours of purchases.
- Obtain PO prior to purchasing anything, provide accurate estimated value when obtaining.
- Responsible for approving, coding, and submitting material invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly billing is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Look for opportunities daily to beat budgets while maintaining quality.
- Manage sourcing and procurement for materials on projects. Order long lead items as required.
- Act as quality control for all job site installations and attend all punch walks for the project.
- Conduct "in-house" walk through upon completion of each job, to include assembly and completion of punch-list items in preparation for substantial completion walk-through.
- Inspect key client properties to monitor performance and overall job quality
- Inspecting all field work; analyzing and resolving problems
- Familiarize self with plans, details, and specs prior to start of job and pre-order materials as needed, researching topics such as plants and their ability to survive in an area, guidelines and codes for municipality, and latest irrigation.
- Ensure all subcontractors and purchase orders are maintained, managed and aligned with each project.
- Confirm plants are suitable for application as per drawings and specs.
- Ensure all projects, current or within warranty period, are being maintained and watered properly.
- Ensure all punch lists are 100% complete and project is closed out.
- Ensure that all communication is being executed to the proper parties
- Attend and assist with all internal scheduling and pre-construction and production meetings.
- Attend pre-construction meetings with General Contractors and architects onsite before start of job.
- Communicate with contract administrator and Branch Manager regarding all applicable permits, utility locates, and inspections prior to execution, ensuring internal digging permits are processed and in the file.
- Effectively communicate alterations or project changes to crews and subcontractors.
- Work at a fast pace environment while operating with a high sense of urgency
- Meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers – working with staff to ensure same
- Coordinate/Process all change order information/cost for submittal to owner and ensure they are executed for billing.
- Evaluate project and organize RFI’s if any question exists that needs architect approval.
- Forward information via marked up plan or written RFI to the general contractor for transmission to the architect.
- Problem Solving/ Analysis.
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Project Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This position manages all Superintendents and laborers of the department and is responsible for the performance management and recommendation of hiring of those employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
$80,000 - $100,000