Senior Engineering Analyst
Hire Quality Strategies (an MCM co)
- Monee, IL
Senior Engineering Analyst
Performs functions to analyze stress and loading on structural, mechanical and piping systems for static, dynamic and thermal loadings using classical and computer-assisted techniques. Prepares reports for internal and external customers; summarizing results, describing methods used and scope of work under the direction of the Manager of the Analytical Department. Supports project efforts by preparing sketches, layouts, and drawings for use by other team members to implement design review conclusions as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Performs classical analysis with hand calculations, encompassing machine and structural design reviews. Support the design of the equipment, analysis efforts ,and requirements of a project.
- Create written reports in both summary and detail as part of the analysis process defining the scope of work, methods employed and summarizing results for both internal and external customers.
- Performs mathematical modeling of equipment systems in support of project design efforts based on guidance provided by the Manager of the Analytical Department. Evaluates the results of computer analysis and organizes for reporting purposes.
- Reads and interprets customer specifications, industry codes and specifications and company established design procedures/methods. Provides guidance concerning requirements and interpretation to other team members, as needed.
- Provides design sketches, layouts, and drawings for use by other design teams to support the implementation of design review results to meet project requirements.
- Reports project status to management.
- Supports efforts to maintain and update engineering processes, standards, computer programs dedicated to the analysis function and project-related files.
- Supports customer service efforts as it relates to warranty issues, customer requests for information and shop requests for assistance under the guidance of management.
- Estimates efforts on projects to support presale quoting activity.
- Establishes a method of analysis to be used on a given project or design element.
- Back checks work performed by other team members for completeness and accuracy.
- Supports overall company performance goals.
- Advises: Other design team members by providing technical information, advice to external customers and assistance in interpreting codes, standards, and specifications.
- Uses: Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word), FORTRAN programs and Mathcad Forms, Finite Element Software (Ansys, Cosmos/Design Simulation).
- BSME, BSMET, BSCE, BSAE, BSSE degree or equivalent required.
- 5 + years in related heavy equipment industry preferred.
- Ability to read and understand machinery and structural drawings, familiarity with welding design, strong mathematical abilities, mechanical aptitude. Perform stress analysis of machine and structural elements with limited supervision.
- Ability to read and understand the industry codes and standards required.
- Occasional work in manufacturing areas to review fabricated components and assemblies and take measurements; use of PPE (personal protective equipment) as required to meet established safety requirements at manufacturing sites.
- Occasional travel (<20% of working time)
- The ideal candidate must be a good communicator, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Performs other duties as assigned. Participates in Continuous Improvement and 6S.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020