Geriatrician - Part Time OR Full Time
- Thornton, CO
Under the supervision of the Lead Medical Director, this position is responsible for the medical care of Colorado PACE participants across a variety of settings, including but not limited to the ADHC clinic, participants’ homes, the nursing home, assisted living facilities and personal care boarding homes. Direct hospital inpatient care is not required but close coordination of care with hospital-based providers is essential.
- Guaranteed Hours!
- ONLY 6 - 10 patients per shift!
- No Nights or Weekends!
- 3 to 6 month Assignment
- Full or Part Time Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Shift Length: 8 hours
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Primary Care
- Provide medical care to PACE participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis and management of their medical conditions, including but not limited to taking of a medical history, performance of physical examination, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests, formulation of an assessment of condition and a treatment plan, writing prescriptions, ongoing follow up of same, and management of medical information from specialists and hospital teams.
- Document medical care in the participant’s medical record, in compliance with PACE documentation policies. May include involvement with the establishment of electronic medical records and providing the Lead Medical Director with input around needed ongoing EMR enhancements.
- Participate within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for PACE participants, as well as in other interdisciplinary team settings that further the care of InnovAge PACE participants.
- Contribute the quality improvement initiatives of InnovAge PACE programs
- Presents input into, initiates and/or facilitates new medical programs and processes in support of strategic goals.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree required
- Current active CO Medical License
- DEA number
- Adequate malpractice coverage
- Board Eligible or Certification required, If Board Eligible, certification required within 2 years
- A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly is required\
- Postgraduate training in a primary care specialty, including but not limited to internal or family medicine and completion of post-residency training in geriatric medicine preferred, but not required.
- Board Eligible or Certification preferred in primary care
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
$100 per hour