Accounts Payable (A/P) Specialist
Mobile Integration Workgroup
- 16700 NE 79th St, Redmond
Mobile Integration Workgroup (MIW) is looking for an experienced and talented accounts payable specialist to join our accounting team. A basic understanding of accounting, standard accounts payable procedures, processing payments, and a positive attitude is essential. The ideal candidate would be looking for stability and have a willingness to learn and grow as MIW continues to grow.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital for the company.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Backup for Canada/ US payroll
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing
purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and
issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- computer literate
- able to problem minor solve software systems
- able to conduct research
- able to communicate effectively within teams and to vendors
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification preferred.
- - 2-3 years experience
Technology experience Preferred:
- Quickbooks online
- AP software
- procurement software
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- lift up to 20lbs
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Tuesday, November 5, 2019