Sr. Mobility Systems Engineer
Mobile Integration Workgroup
- Redmond, WA
Would you like to be part of a team working on the latest technologies in the mobile telecommunications space?
Are you a passionate professional with end-to-end broad experience in wireless technologies and network protocols?
This position will join the MIW team in Mobile Core & Network Services department of our Tier1 Network Operator client based in Redmond, WA.
The Mobile Core & Network Services team assist in engineering the network infrastructure necessary to support mission critical Evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Services (eMBMS).
This will also include contributing to the design, implementation, and certification of BDC and MBM-GW platforms hosted in the partner’s Network Cloud OpenStack environment.
- Contribute and review the design of new telecom network core platforms
- Create Heat templates for instantiating new core elements in the client’s Network Cloud.
- Work with Vendors to make sure the Heat templates (.YAML, .ENV) are compliant with client’s VNF HEAT guidelines.
- Instantiate VNFs and configure various applications running on Linux distributions.
- Integrate new system core nodes with various network elements.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to have an end-to-end environment ready for testing.
- Troubleshoot with Vendor, Architecture, and Lab Operations team at the infrastructure and application level to resolve open issues.
- Provide engineering support of Transport Multicast Deployment
- Provide engineering support of Lab and Production testing including mobile devices and simulation tools
- Contribute to design and evaluation of new system server redundancy
- Provide engineering support on Network IP design and deployment
- Assist in configuring and tracking of monitoring alarms and fault reports
- Create test cases and document in the testing database.
- Execute test cases to determine the functionality of this new network system.
- Work with the Lab and production testing teams to diagnose and resolve configuration and application issues that will occur on the network and mobile phone devices.
- Attend team meetings and prepare status reports
- Document defects and record them in appropriate systems
The successful candidate must have 3+ years experience working on
Cellular systems platform development and implementation
- OpenStack, Cloud, and Virtualization
- 3GPP -3G/4G/VoLTE
- Basic YAML, JSON, and Python
- Some Ansible experience
- Network Server Log Analysis
- Basic network routing and switching
- Microsoft Office Windows applications
- Telecom Lab call flows and architecture
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Tuesday, February 11, 2020